Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GFYI [Official] O&O Software Halloween 2019 Giveaway

[Image: dDH1z8u.png]

We at Geeks For Your Information are very pleased to offer 
O&O Software Halloween 2019 Giveaway

[Image: ry9n5Re.gif]

We would like to thank O&O Software GmbH for sponsoring the giveaway prizes.

O&O SafeErase 14 Professional Edition

[Image: xplR7Kk.gif]

O&O SafeErase deletes sensitive data using internationally recognized methods so securely that a reconstruction, even with special software, is no longer possible. O&O SafeErase has an inbuilt analysis function which searches for files that were not deleted securely and warns the user of the dangers associated with this data. With just a few clicks, the computer can be cleaned to such an extent that unauthorized persons have no chance to dig out old files and misuse them. SSDs also are automatically detected and deletions made via the TRIM command, while at the same time making sure that resources are not wasted. The advanced report system and managing of lists for oft-used deletion procedures enhances the user-friendliness of O&O SafeErase further.

[Image: 4RYmk10.gif]

[Image: ERsTvHb.gif]

[Image: XmLDZXO.gif]

[Image: 5MUhwtv.gif]

O&O SafeErase lists per browser all the stored information – such as cookies, form data and Internet histories – which can be safely deleted either individually or combined. Once deleted, no one can trace the Internet activity, and online accounts are protected from unauthorized access.

All files, settings, applications and operating system are deleted so that a recovery is impossible. It is possible to delete the entire computer including the system partition without boot media. After restarting the system, the deletion process begins automatically. Should an SSD not support TRIM, the data is simply overwritten with zeros to avoid wear effects.

[Image: jELmRsa.gif]

[Image: z5V39WY.gif]

[Image: j3CaFvT.gif]

[Image: RtaLJo5.gif]

[Image: 43uvNvJ.gif]

Writing over data with zeros means less sensitive data can be deleted at great speed. In addition, O&O SafeErase offers a further five methods of deletion, each one differing in the amount of procedures and the type of overwriting employed. Along with standard deletion procedures used by the U.S. Departments of Defense (DoD) and the German Bundesamts für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI), the Gutmann Methods are also available, matching the highest security requirements and writing over data 35 times. Deletions are hugely speeded up here as the program takes advantage of the entire performance resources of the computer.

Compare Editions

O&O SafeErase is available in three (3) versions:

• O&O SafeErase Professional Edition
  • O&O SafeErase Workstation Edition
  • O&O SafeErase Server Edition

The Professional Edition is the version to use for a single PC. It cannot be used on a Server operating system.

The Workstation Edition is intended for use on a desktop computer within a company. The Workstation Edition can be controlled over the user interface as well as over command lines. Another special feature of the Workstation Edition is its ability to simultaneously delete free space and partitions on different physical disks. This is different from the Professional Edition, where deletion is performed successively. This allows you to save considerable time when working with large data volumes. We'll also be happy to help you use O&O SafeErase Workstation Edition across a network. Just get in touch with us and we'll show you how.

The Server Edition is optimized for a server and can be used on both a server as well as on a desktop computer. You can also control the Server Edition using command lines. Another special feature of the Server Edition is its ability to simultaneously delete free space and partitions on different physical disks. This is different from the Professional Edition, where deletion is performed successively. This allows you to save considerable time when working with large data volumes. 

[Image: lPZLytf.png]

Compare O&O SafeErase Editions HERE

Latest version is O&O SafeErase 14.0.374 (March 12, 2019)

New and improved features

Deletion of SSDs with SolidErase
The SolidErase feature was designed especially for deleting SSDs. SolidErase does its job thoroughly while still going easy on resources, so that afterwards, deleted data can never be recovered and the SSD itself was under only a minimum of wear.

Deleting the entire computer with O&O TotalErase
All files, settings, programs, and the operating system itself can be deleted in a way that makes any restoration impossible. Deletion of the entire computer including operating systems is possible without a bootable medium.

Page-specific settings can be deleted (Edge)
Permissions and settings can be configured for every individual website. Exceptions created as “DoNotTrack“ along with the setting allowing fullpage display will be deleted.

Page-specific settings can be deleted (Firefox)
Permissions and settings can be configured for every website, for example, whether passwords are allowed to be saved or pop-ups displayed. O&O SafeErase can be used for deleting these files.

Analysis
Displays temporary files and those files that were not securely deleted. With just a few clicks, O&O SafeErase can clean up a computer so effectively that there’s no chance for such files to be detected and misused.

Instant Erase
Whenever data is deleted by right-clicking, a miniature dialog is displayed and secure deletion begins immediately.

Compatibility
O&O SafeErase is compatible with Windows 10 and explicitly takes into consideration all the requirements of Windows 7 and Windows 8. The Server Edition can be used on all Windows Servers starting from 2008.

Scripting integration
O&O SafeErase can integrate individual scripts for running deletions automatically over command lines.

Six deletion methods
Overwriting data with zeros means less sensitive data can be deleted at great speed. In addition, O&O SafeErase offers a further five methods of deletion, each one differing in the amount of procedures and the type of overwriting employed. Along with standard deletion procedures used by the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) and the German Bundesamts für Sicherheit in der Informationstechnik (BSI), the Gutmann Methods are also available, matching the highest security requirements and overwriting data 35 times.

Browser security
O&O SafeErase lists per browser all the stored information - such as cookies, form data and Internet histories – which can be permanently deleted either individually or combined. Once deleted, there are no traces of Internet activity, and online accounts are protected from unauthorized access.

Detailed reports
O&O SafeErase provides detailed reports that indicate the files that were permanently destroyed and the method that was used for doing so. The reports can be made anonymous by, for example, hiding file names to protect privacy. 

O&O Defrag 22 Professional Edition

[Image: W9ItGVK.gif]

Overview

O&O Defrag 22 Professional Edition not only speeds up systems, extends the life expectancy of hard disks and provides increased security but it can now also optimize and speed up PCs and servers over a Smartphone or Tablet! It is for the first time a Hybrid solution acting as a desktop solution and web app simultaneously. 

It is particularly with older systems where significant improvements in performance can be achieved using O&O Defrag, which often postpones the need to acquire a new PC for a long period of time. This not only saves money but also substantial resources.

[Image: 24sC5WR.gif]

[Image: b19blo4.gif]

[Image: 6f1nlEI.gif]

For years O&O Defrag has extended to loyal users around the world significant improvements in performance particularly with older systems postponing the need to acquire a new PC for a long period of time thus substantial savings on money and resources benefits all users. 

O&O Defrag has clear graphics that display which defrag action has led to which optimization success.

SSDs save file fragments on up to 10 memory cells. The SOLID method (new) defragments these file fragments so that only one memory cell will need to be read in the future. And it does so by going easy on resources and hardware. SOLID can be used on both SSDs and HDDS.

[Image: i3UIjqD.gif]

[Image: das1ogN.gif]

[Image: f7ZcE84.gif]

[Image: wF9GN6Z.gif]

[Image: j0Hfoxd.gif]

O&O Defrag deletes the unused disk space upon request. This prevents confidential content of unsafely deleted temporary files being accessed by others. Users of virtual machines and Storage Area Networks (SANs) know the phenomenon: The amount of data remains the same, but the memory for the virtual container increases. O&O Defrag combats that – the container size decreases due to the optimization and thus corresponds to the actual memory usage. In addition, the stored data from virtual machines and SANs are then defragmented.

[Image: k8WSKtm.gif]

[Image: 0DyPheV.gif]

[Image: n6SzgNu.gif]

As soon as mobile systems such as Notebooks or Netbooks are no longer connected to external power sources, the defragmentation is interrupted so that the full battery power is available for mobile workers.

[Image: 8pHXhU6.gif]

Features at a glance

Defragmentation method SOLID 
In order to make the most of the resource-saving effect of defragmenting SSDs, we have developed SOLID. This method already protects the resources of the SSD during defragmentation and additionally reduces future write accesses. Incidentally, a similar effect can also be achieved when using SOLID on HDDs, where the mechanics of the read and write head are particularly spared.

O&O DiskStat
O&O DiskStat provides you with an overall view of just how your hard disk is being used. It lets you track down those files and folders that are taking up too much space on your hard disk, and causing your computer to slow down. You can sort by category, file type, view them in Explorer and export them as a table. A further major function to speed up your systems.

Fragment Filter
Fragment Filter to identify the most fragmented files on a drive

O&O DiskCleaner
O&O Defrag offers a convenient tool with O&O DiskCleaner that searches for and removes temporary and unnecessary files that consume space and increase fragmentation.

Lifetime Performance Statistics
You can see in detail the lifetime performance statistics of O&O Defrag, from the moment you bought the program to the current moment. These statistics show you just what O&O Defrag is doing for your PC, and exactly what it has already achieved so far!

Deletion of free space
Deletion of free space for increased protection of privacy. O&O Defrag lets you overwrite free space to make sure data you previously deleted can never be recovered. O&O Defrag not only increases your computer’s productivity but protects your data from unauthorized access. All that in just one program!

Thin Provisioning
Optimize systems with Thin Provisioning. This feature enables O&O Defrag to reduce and optimize the actual memory usage of virtual machines and drives on SANs. The main attraction here is the combination of this new feature with defragmentation. Let O&O Defrag automatically prevent storage overload and unwanted disclosure of data after every defragmentation!

History
Thanks to clearly displayed statistics, you can tell what effect a regular defragmentation is having on your system and you can track the success over weeks and months. You can monitor how many files have been optimized and how many excess file fragments have been put back together. Based on this, you can then adjust your settings to match the defragmentation to your computer habits in order to get the best possible results.

Defragmentation summary
The new defragmentation summary shows the difference a defragmentation makes; after each defragmentation run you will be shown the drive's allocation before and after optimization by O&O Defrag.

Live Update 
Automatic updates to most recent program versions The live update feature helps you make sure you are always working with the most current version of O&O Defrag. No re-registration or manual installation required: O&O Defrag handles this all for you.

Simplified user interface
The user control was adapted to the most frequent application cases, so that the most important jobs will be executed intuitively. All basic control possibilities, as well as the unique functions of O&O Defrag can be accessed with just one click.

QuickStart wizard of O&O Defrag
The QuickStart wizard allows you to automate defragmentation with just a few mouse clicks right after the first start of O&O Defrag or at a later time. Once defined, you will never have to worry about the optimization of your hard disk again. Everything will be handled by O&O Defrag in the background. The default settings we propose are adapted to the needs of most our customers.

O&O ActivityMonitor
The O&O ActivityMonitor periodically determines the system load. It controls the performance demand of O&O Defrag during a defragmentation and adapts it to the current state. You can thereby work undisturbed while your system is being defragmented in the background.

Compare Editions

O&O Defrag is available in three (3) versions:

• O&O Defrag Professional Edition
  • O&O Defrag Workstation Edition
  • O&O Defrag Server Edition

[Image: 00MBW4h.png]

Compare O&O Defrag Editions HERE

Version changes in O&O Defrag 22.0.2284 (18-September-2018)

New: SOLID, a brand-new defragmentation method for SSDs and HDDs

The problem: SSDs store file fragments spread across many blocks, even though much fewer would suffice.

This memory behavior has an immediate effect on the performance and lifespan of an SSD. To counteract wear and at the same time to optimize the performance of SSDs, O&O Software has developed the new defragmentation method "SOLID". By using the defragmentation method SOLID, these distributed file parts are defragmented so that in the future significantly fewer memory cells have to read out and also written to when changing a file. As a result, the SSD is faster as the number of read and write accesses is reduced by the defragmentation. In addition, the premature wear of the SSD (and of course the conventional hard drive) is prevented because fewer blocks need to be erased and rewritten than before the defragmentation with SOLID. To stay with the example above: To read O&O's sample file, it is not necessary to first access and read 32 different blocks, but only a single one.

A positive side-effect of developing the defragmentation method of SOLID has been found in tests on "classic" hard disks: it is O&O Defrag's most resource and hardware-friendly defragmentation method ever, with optimal results, and sets the new standard for defragmentation. 

**Latest release is O&O Defrag 23 Professional Edition

O&O Software licenses for this giveaway/contest
O&O Software GmbH has provided Geeks For Your Information Forum five (5) licenses of O&O SafeErase 14 Professional Edition and O&O Defrag 22 Professional Edition as Halloween 2019 giveaway/contest prize
(license prizes are lifetime / version limited)

CONTEST RULES

To boost forum participation/contribution, all who wish to participate MUST have created a minimum of 3 threads and 5 posts (threads in sections: (a) Giveaways / Contests (b) Deals and © Geeks FYI > Feedback are NOT INCLUDED). Entries not meeting the requirement will be deleted. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

1. Please answer the question below.  

"WHAT O&O Software application/s are you currently using and WHY do you use them?"

Participants can enter TWICE. Post your reply as contest entry WITH your social media share.  Please see sample entry below.

[Image: hEshCGg.png]

2. REQUIRED: Please share this giveaway by pasting the code below in your Facebook/Twitter/Google+ Account.  

(Share is NOT limited to popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.)

Code:
Geeks For Your Information Forum [Official] O&O Software Halloween 2019 Giveaway
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=8633

Optional: You may want to like/follow O&O Software's social networking sites as added support.

3. As mentioned, participants can enter TWICE. (Twice only)

If there are any questions / concerns pertaining to the giveaway/contest please get in touch with me through PM. Do not post it in this thread. Doing so will merit a warning and ultimately be banned from entering further giveaway/contests.

WINNERS WILL RECEIVE

Five (5) winners will each receive one (1) license of O&O Defrag 22 Professional Edition and O&O SareErase 14 Professional Edition

Winners will be selected by random.org and once posted,
winners will only have 5 days to send a PM to claim their prize. 

Please include your details (Name / Email) in your PM claim.

NO CONFIRMATION FOR THOSE WITH INSUFFICIENT/INCOMPLETE DETAILS.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

The Giveaway will run 
from October 14, 2019 to November 15, 2019

Good luck to all!!!

[Image: 5X44PW5.gif]
[-] The following 8 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dhruv2193, dinosaur07, divinenews, harlan4096, Herran, ismail, Mohammad.Poorya, silversurfer
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST IS NOW OPEN!
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dhruv2193, divinenews, harlan4096, ismail, silversurfer
ENTRY#1

"WHAT O&O Software application/s are you currently using and WHY do you use them?"

I have O&O DiskImage 14, O&O ShutUp, O&O Defrag 20 Pro and O&O Media Recovery. I like using them and never had a problem. Just sometimes it rather slow (or maybe because I have less ram). But all in all it gets the job done without any errors! I'd like to win so I can upgrade to Defrag 22 Pro ad have chance to use/have SafeErase 14 Pro! Thanks for this contest!

https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/11...5655357440
Entry 1
https://twitter.com/dhruvmercury/status/...4536770560

I am currently using O&O DiskImage(for backing up my partitions) and O&O Defrag(for defragmenting my disks for faster performance) and i found them to be reliable in all aspects. Both are lightweight and have become essential for my PC since i have started using.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dhruv2193 for this post:
  • divinenews
Entry 2
https://twitter.com/dhruvmercury/status/...4536770560

I am currently using O&O DiskImage(for backing up my partitions) and O&O Defrag(for defragmenting my disks for faster performance) and i found them to be reliable in all aspects. Both are lightweight and have become essential for my PC since i have started using.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dhruv2193 for this post:
  • divinenews
ENTRY #2

I have O&O DiskImage 14, O&O ShutUp, O&O Defrag 20 Pro and O&O Media Recovery. I like using them and never had a problem. Just sometimes it rather slow (or maybe because I have less ram). But all in all it gets the job done without any errors! I'd like to win so I can upgrade to Defrag 22 Pro ad have chance to use/have SafeErase 14 Pro! Thanks for this contest!

https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/11...5655357440

Thanks for two chances!
Entry #1 

I am currently using two O&O software apps: O&O Defrag 20 Pro and O&O SafeErase 12 Pro. 

1. I use O&O Defrag 20 because I have not found a better hard disk defragmentation software which is necessary to keep my computer system operating as fast as possible. 
2. I use O&O SafeErase 12 Pro because I need to make sure my important information such as banking data and passwords is securely deleted as things are updated or changed such as getting new computers or hard drives. 

This is my Twitter.com media share for this contest.

*Thank you jasonX for putting this contest together. - Great software.
Smile

Entry #2  

I am currently using two O&O software apps: O&O Defrag 20 Pro and O&O SafeErase 12 Pro. 

1. I use O&O Defrag 20 because I have not found a better hard disk defragmentation software which is necessary to keep my computer system operating as fast as possible. 
2. I use O&O SafeErase 12 Pro because I need to make sure my important information such as banking data and passwords is securely deleted as things are updated or changed such as getting new computers or hard drives. 

This is my Twitter.com media share for this contest.

*Thank you jasonX for putting this contest together.
(aka Elijah Gale) "Always looking for kind people and the best software in all the right places, like on Geeks.fyi forum." Heart
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to divinenews for this post:
  • Mohammad.Poorya
ENTRY #1

Thanks a lot for the opportunity to win in this awesome bundle giveaway, @jasonX and O&O Software for sponsoring! Smile

I have three previous version of O&O softwares on my desktop namely, O&O Defrag 20 Pro, O&O SafeErase 12 Pro and O&O Media Recovery 10, which I got from several giveaway sites, offered those for free but not upgradable. These trustworthy apps that are dependable and effective. They're all light in the system and never caused any problems so far. I'd like to win lifetime licenses for both O&O Defrag 20 Pro and O&O SafeErase 12 Pro to upgrade to newest software versions and have an enjoyable experience with its new and improved features like SOLIDErase and SOLID defragmentation for HDD and SSD. Count me in please!

Facebook Share
ENTRY #2

Thanks a lot for the opportunity to win in this awesome bundle giveaway, @jasonX and O&O Software for sponsoring these amazing products!

I have three previous version of O&O softwares on my desktop namely, O&O Defrag 20 Pro, O&O SafeErase 12 Pro and O&O Media Recovery 10, which I got from several giveaway sites, offered those for free but not upgradable. These trustworthy apps that are dependable and effective. They're all light in the system and never caused any problems so far. I'd like to win lifetime licenses for both O&O Defrag 20 Pro and O&O SafeErase 12 Pro to upgrade to newest software versions and have an enjoyable experience with its new and improved features like SOLIDErase and SOLID defragmentation for HDD and SSD. Count me in please!

Facebook Share: https://www.facebook.com/aleinrundee/pos...8233213701
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST HAS ENDED. WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON. PLEASE BE PATIENT. 
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • harlan4096