Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[News] Nova Launcher turns 6
Nova Launcher celebrated its 6th birthday today. It is a popular launcher, and the preferred choice of many including yours truly. 

Source: https://twitter.com/Nova_Launcher/status...3994364930
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to akiratoriyama for this post:
  • ashwin, browneylad, harlan4096, jan13
Nova 4 life. Cool
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ashwin for this post:
  • browneylad
(13 December 17, 13:08)akiratoriyama Wrote: Nova Launcher celebrated its 6th birthday today. It is a popular launcher, and the preferred choice of many including yours truly. 

New ( less then two weeks) to android in a tablet as I use an iPhone. Trying to figure out what is up with all this launcher talk?
Not so much your statement, but reading reviews and looking at stuff in the play store, they mention launchers. So, to make this a
not so verboten reply, "is it really necessary if my Teclast T20 has a home launcher on it already"? TIA
(02 January 19, 02:10)MonkeySnark Wrote:
(13 December 17, 13:08)akiratoriyama Wrote: Nova Launcher celebrated its 6th birthday today. It is a popular launcher, and the preferred choice of many including yours truly. 

New ( less then two weeks) to android in a tablet as I use an iPhone. Trying to figure out what is up with all this launcher talk?
Not so much your statement, but reading reviews and looking at stuff in the play store, they mention launchers. So, to make this a
not so verboten reply, "is it really necessary if my Teclast T20 has a home launcher on it already"? TIA

Well, you dont need to install another launcher. The default one is fine if it suits you. 3rd Party Launchers like Nova Launcher support extra features like icon packs, change in rows and columns, gestures (in the prime version), etc. If you want to start customisation, a new launcher, especially one like Nova is worth looking into.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to akiratoriyama for this post:
  • harlan4096
I have use Nova Launcher Prime for many years, but now I turned back to the stock launcher of my LG G6, because after switching off the screen by double-tabbing on it, with Nova Launcher it isn't possible to reactivate it with the fingerprint sensor. This only works with the stock launcher. Or does anyone know a workaround for this issue of Nova Launcher (and other third party launchers as well)?