Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Block Opera from opening a New Tab Page on Start
Lightbulb 
Quote:
[Image: opera-display-start-page-first.png]

I have configured all my web browsers to restore the last browsing session whenever they are launched on a system; that's handy as it allows me to continue where I left off, and to keep a number of sites open in the browser without having to worry about losing them or having to restore them through other means.

The Opera web browser supports session restore as well but for some time now, I noticed that the browser would always open a blank page next to all the tabs from the previous session.

While that may be useful to some users of the browser, I found myself closing the blank tab that displayed just the start page of the browser more often than not. One of the main issues that I had with that was that it focused the New Tab page automatically when the browser started.

Again, some users may like it as they can run searches or interact with content displayed on the New Tab page right away.

Thankfully, after some digging around, I found a way to disable the behavior. Once changed, Opera will just load the tabs of the previous browsing session when started and not a New Tab page as well.
Continue Reading