Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Android Phones: Q1 2019
Lightbulb 
Quote:[Image: DSC_0862b_q1_678x452.jpg]

[i]In our series of best product guides, here’s the latest update to our recommended Android Smartphone list. All numbers in the text are updated to reflect pricing at the time of writing (March 6th).[/i]

Today we're sizing up the state of the smartphone market for the first quarter of the year. Q1 guides are hard to write because we’re at the verge of a new generation of devices. If the holiday period was a bad time to buy a new smartphone, then Q1 might possibly be even worse. Nevertheless while people aiming to get the most longevity out of their smartphone purchase might be better off waiting a few more months, Q1 is also the period in which we’d see some great deals as vendors are trying to clear inventory of their last generation devices.

This quarter, there’s not much change in terms of recommendation for the US market. Samsung’s 2018 lineup still offers fantastic flagships, and the OnePlus 6T is still a worthy alternative.

Of course the big elephant in the room is the new Galaxy S10 becoming available in just a few days. Early adopters here might do well, but I’d recommend to wait out at least a month or two. We'll be having our Galaxy S10 review out in the coming weeks.
European (and other markets) readers see Huawei’s Mate 20 Pro take top spot as my flagship recommendation. The device’s price has come down significantly since its launch, and still offers top-tier specs competing against the best of the best.
Continue Reading
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • silversurfer