Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Microsoft May Kill My People
Information 
[Image: x2018-12-14_11h26_29.png.pagespeed.gp+jp...zyhgxM.jpg]
Quote:People hate My People. Rightfully so, as My People is just a waste of space that no one likes. You don’t have to interact with My People if you don’t want to, but now My People may be dying.

I’m talking about the [i]My People [/i]Windows feature you may or may not know even exists—it was included as part of the Windows 10 Fall Creators update and is enabled by default on all new installations. The feature, which was supposed to be a sort of landing spot for all your favorite contacts so you can quickly interact with them…never really took off.

There are a few reasons for that—for one, My People never got any sort of third-party integration. So if you and everyone you know weren’t all-in on Microsoft’s services, it was pretty much useless. Otherwise, most users likely disabled the feature fairly quickly, only to forget that it ever existed in the first place. I’m definitely guilty of the latter.

Now, Microsoft is likely going to kill the feature. According to Windows enthusiast [i]Albacore, [/i]who finds all sorts of Windows goodies (and, um, baddies?) before most other users, the My People feature shows a deprecation notice in the 19H1 Insider Build. He goes on to say that this is a “shame,” because My People had “interesting engineering.”
Full reading: https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/microsoft-...my-people/