Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Browsers and Extensions
Question 
Hi guys! I'm starting this thread to discuss/post about which browsers We usually use and the extensions installed on them.

In my main desktop I'm using Mozilla FireFox 62.0.3, although I also have Edge and Chrome 70 almost don't use them, and FF is my main and daily browser.

Quote:In FF I have installed:

In Chrome:

In Edge:

What about You? Big Grin
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • darktwilight, Deep900, Der.Reisende, jasonX, phoenix, silversurfer, wwd
I'm using Firefox everyday, my browser extensions are always uBlock-Origin, 1 Password-Manager like LastPass, KeyPass, Bitwarden.

M$ Edge (almost never using) has only an Ad-Blocker (AdGuard), other browsers are just re-installed occasionally for testing purposes: Brave, Opera, Vivaldi
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to silversurfer for this post:
  • darktwilight, Deep900, Der.Reisende, harlan4096, phoenix, wwd
Using Cent Browser (x64, there is also both a 32-bit version available).
To keep it light, it’s only equipped with LastPass, AdGuard extension for Google Chrome (with the option to filter malicious links also on) and HTTPS Everywhere.
Being a Chromium fork, it also uses Google‘s Safe Browsing, therefore it will block unsafe pages (see Zoo Links for examples), and you can sync settings / extensions / favorites / designs just like in Google Chrome, by simply logging in to your Google account via Cent. It will autosetup the synced settings on your local machine.
Tencent PC Manager Global does scan contacted hosts directly out of the box (also see Zoo Links), so it does not need an own extension to do so (there is no settings either, only on and off).
In the past it was not compatible to M$ Edge though, but to good old Internet Explorer, which is the browser I use when some page does not work properly in Cent.

Cent Browser Thread:
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=4123
"We spend our time searching for security and hate it when we get it." (John Steinbeck)
[-] The following 7 users say Thank You to Der.Reisende for this post:
  • darktwilight, Deep900, harlan4096, jasonX, phoenix, silversurfer, wwd
While Edge is certainly becoming a solid browser, it still has issues rendering aspects correctly, so until the day they get it together, it will be Chrome for me.
I am a firm believer that the less extensions you have, the less problems, and exploitable avenues via the browser. I use only 1 extension, and that is Ublock Origin "with custom filters in advanced mode".
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to phoenix for this post:
  • darktwilight, Deep900, harlan4096, jasonX, silversurfer, wwd
Cent browser also for me with KeyPass. Adguard, HTTPSEverywhere Wink Sometime Firefox Portable with same extensions.
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • darktwilight, Deep900, harlan4096, phoenix, silversurfer, wwd
My default browser is Firefox, sometimes I use Opera. Firefox I protected with these extensions like: ScriptSafe, (today I uninstalled NoScript), Avira Browser Safety, Avast Online Security, Disconnect, McAfee Web Advisor, uBlock Origin, WOT (Web of Trust), Ghostery, TrackMeNot, and Bitdefender Traffic Light.

In Opera I installed extensions like: Avira Browser Safety, ScritpSafe, WOT (Web of Trust), Dr.Web Link Checker, McAfee Web Advisor, Bitdefender Traffic Light, TrackMeNot, Avast Online Security, Ghostery, Windows Defender Browser Protection, Install Chrome Extensions.

These extensions are in random order.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Joanna4589 for this post:
  • darktwilight, harlan4096, wwd
I use Chrome (always updated) with uBlock Origin and HTTPS Everywhere. I will add also Netcraft to my next config (I will post it in the near future!)
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to Deep900 for this post:
  • darktwilight, harlan4096, silversurfer, wwd
i'm using:
Opera + uBlock Origin + Roboform + Disconnect + Bitdefender TL
Opera dev + uBlock Origin + Malwarebytes Browser Extension
Additionally set Cisco open DNS with adult filter.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to wwd for this post:
  • darktwilight, Deep900, harlan4096, silversurfer
I use Google Chrome + Edge and major extensions AdGuard adblocker, Checker Plus for Gmail, Google Translator, Sticky Password extension, WOT: Web of Trust and others that I use as needed.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to kubik67 for this post:
  • darktwilight, harlan4096
Still the same here with me,
Cent browser here KeyPass, AdGuard extension for Google Chrome and HTTPS Everywhere. On partitions with EAM use there extension. The others have Avast online security.

I also have Slimjet Portable (love the download manager they have --fast) with the same extensions. Hmm..yeah all of my browsers have relatively the same extensions other than UBlock origin / Avira Browser saftey for Opera Portable.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • darktwilight, Deep900, dhruv2193, harlan4096