Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your url shortning service is being blacklisted by Google
Yeah when I went and did a tweet for a giveaway here, I had the url go.shr.lc/2qLC6Pv  in my tweet and it appears that Google doesn't like the url and blocks it. The tweet posts just fine, just clicking on the link will set Firefox off.

My research is showing that if I go to https://www.stopbadware.org/clearinghous...go.shr.lc/ it shows that the entire go.shr.lc/ domain is blacklisted.

I don't know if you want to change the service used to create short urls but wanted to give the head up that you may lose some traffic.

Related: https://transparencyreport.google.com/sa....shr.lc%2F

Thank you Smile
[Image: Danielx64.gif]
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Danielx64 for this post:
  • ashwin, grr
thanks Daniel, reported to admin
Go.shr.lc is the shortening service used by Shareaholic, which is a  very popular one. They even have a verified account on Twitter.  Your URL works perfectly for me in Firefox.

[Image: 5NoOv5Zl.jpg]

Not sure what the issue is. Perhaps a security software is conflicting with your browser?
(11 January 18, 10:20)ashwin Wrote: Go.shr.lc is the shortening service used by Shareaholic, which is a  very popular one. They even have a verified account on Twitter.  Your URL works perfectly for me in Firefox.

[Image: 5NoOv5Zl.jpg]

Not sure what the issue is. Perhaps a security software is conflicting with your browser?

I got Google’s Safe Browsing turned on and it's designed to protect me from phishing sites and harmful content (like malware etc). Did you see this link: https://transparencyreport.google.com/sa....shr.lc%2F ?
I see
Shareaholic is blocked if we use Adblocker or hosts files to block advertisements

I had same issue and had to remove Shareaholic from blocking to load fine
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to grr for this post:
  • Danielx64
(11 January 18, 10:35)grr Wrote: I see
Shareaholic is blocked if we use Adblocker or hosts files to block advertisements

That's interesting, I didn't even think that ad blocking software would cause this even with the report from Google that I provided above.
(11 January 18, 10:37)Danielx64 Wrote:

That's interesting, I didn't even think that ad blocking software would cause this even with the report from Google that I provided above.

shocked that google is blocking. might be due to some rogue sites spread malware using the service
(11 January 18, 10:44)grr Wrote:

shocked that google is blocking. might be due to some rogue sites spread malware using the service
Sadly those services do get abuse and sometime you may be better off setting up your own short URL service for your domain and that's it (but that's a different topic altogether).

From now on I may just use the topic URL  (eg  http://geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=1913) and not the short URL generated.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Danielx64 for this post:
  • ashwin, grr
(11 January 18, 10:49)Danielx64 Wrote:
(11 January 18, 10:44)grr Wrote:

Sadly those services do get abuse and sometime you may be better off setting up your own short URL service for your domain and that's it (but that's a different topic altogether).

From now on I may just use the topic URL  (eg  http://geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=1913) and not the short URL generated.

thanks Daniel. I would also do the same.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to grr for this post:
  • ashwin
Thanks Daniel and Grr. I will talk to Krish about this.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to ashwin for this post:
  • Danielx64, grr