Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Capture screenshots, delayed shots, scrolling snapshots, and edit them with Screenpre
Lightbulb 
Quote:
[Image: screenpresso-capture-screen-1536x864.jpg]

Screenpresso was my go to screen capturing option for many years, until a friend recommended that I try ShareX a couple of years ago. We have covered plenty of such tools in the past including Martin's favorite program PicPick, and I think it's fair to share my experience with my former favorite tool.

Screenpresso places a capture bar at the top of the screen that has the two buttons to record a video or capture a screenshot of a region. Clicking the arrow next to the icons displays more options.

The same options are available from the tray icon's context-menu, which is my preferred way of using the program.

Click the Screenshot region option and draw a box anywhere on the screen to capture the content in it. "Screenshot previous region" saves a snapshot of the screen's region that you marked earlier.

Note: I recommend disabling the anonymous telemetry from the Settings > General tab.

Want to capture the entire screen? Use the "Screenshot full screen" option. Timed captures are easy with the "Delayed screenshot", which captures a selected region or the entire screen after a delay of three seconds.

Screenshot using autoscroll is a nice option when you want to capture a snap of a web page. It's very easy to use. For e.g go to the gHacks homepage, select the area where you wish to get the scrolling screenshot from, and hit the left mouse button. Use the mouse wheel to scroll and click the left mouse button as you keep scrolling. Right-clicking finalizes the capture, the end result is a long screenshot.

Note: Despite the name autoscroll, it doesn't scroll down automatically. You'll need to use the mouse wheel or the scroll bar.

Video recording

Screenpresso isn't exactly a screen recording tool, and as such you shouldn't use it for gameplay or other videos. It's useful for creating short videos mostly in my opinion.

Draw a box or use one of the resolution options (1280 x 720 YouTubeHD, 1920 x 1080p YouTube HD, etc) to capture the screen. Hit the start button and it begins the process. You can tweak some settings such as direct recording to mp4, display a countdown timer, highlight mouse-clicks, record audio from system sound or the microphone, etc.

Note: Please be aware that the free version of Screenpresso includes a watermark in the videos. But like I said before, it isn't a screen recording tool. Take a look at OBS Studio, ScreenToGIF, or SimpleScreenRecorder which are free and offer more features.

While you're at it, you may ignore the Android Center, Copy text (OCR) and Color picker options as these are exclusive to the Pro version. I used the premium version and found the OCR feature to be a sort of hit-and-miss. For a Color picker you're better off using the freeware Color Mania tool.

When you capture a screenshot, the program displays its workspace that contains a preview of the snapshot. It stays on the screen for a few seconds and fades away. To reopen the workspace left click the tray icon. You'll see all recent screenshots that you've captured with the program. The application automatically saves a copy of every screenshot that you take.
Continue Reading
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • silversurfer