Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GFYI [Official] Macrium Reflect Home Christmas 2019 Giveaway
"What are your positive and negative experiences with Macrium Reflect (free/paid versions) and what feature/s do you want to see included or improved in the next version build?"

I am using Macrium Reflect 7 Workstation on my desktop computer and Macrium Reflect 7 Free on my notebook. I'd like to win a license of the Home version to be able to make incremental and password protected backups and to use the rapid delta restore feature on my notebook as well.

After I lost a lot of data because of a hard disc crash some years ago, I am making backups almost every day. I tried almost every backup software on the market and in my opinion, Macrium Reflect is the best of them. There are a lot of reasons for this, but the most important one, expecially for a backup software, is its reliability. In this aspect Macrium Reflect is outstanding. Macrium Reflect is the only backup software that never let me down.

Another great and unique feature of Macrium Reflect is rapid delta restore and rapid delta clone. With this feature I am using Macrium Reflect as a snapshot software as well. Before installing a new software for example, I use to make a quick incremental image, and after I tried the software I can quickly turn back to the former state of the computer by restoring it with rapid delta restore. I takes only about two minutes.

The only negative thing I found out so far is when restoring a bitlocked partition. I couldn't get it working with Windows PE, only with Windows RE. And even when restoring a bitlocked partition with a Windows RE Boot entry of Macrium Reflect, it doesn't always use the bitlockeer Live Restore feature. Sometimes Macrium Reflect restores the partition without bitlocker, though when creating the restore job, Macrium Reflect indicated, that it will restore the partition from an ecrypted image to an encrypted partition. In this case, I have to encrypt the partition again and also update the boot menue because of the new bitlocker key. I didn't find out yet, why this sometimes happens.

In a future version of Macrium Reflect I would like to have a feature to add comments to every single Backup (like "before installing software xyz"). This could be realized by adding an option to the menue for creating a new Backup job, which lets you select if Macrium Reflect shall ask for a comment every time the backup job is started, or not.

Another thing, that doesn't bother me, but other people, is the surface with it's many possibilities to configure the software and the backup jobs. For me, this is great, because I like to have as much control as possible. But I coudn't convince my girlfriend for example to use Macrium Reflect as well. For her, the software is much too complicated and deterrent. Maybe Macrium could add a possibility to switch the surface between a simple gui with standard settings, and an advanced gui with all the possibilities the software offers.

I also experienced, that making a backup of files and folders is much slower than making an image of a whole partition. That's why I use to make only backups of whole partitions even though it contains folders, that I don't need to save. It would be nice, if the file and folder backups could be speeded up, but I guess that this is technically hard to realize.

Thank You Geeks and Macrium Reflect for this great Giveaway.
I wish you all a Happy Hew Year! Heart

Facebook Share
https://www.facebook.com/henrik.schlottm...9728178469

Messages In This Thread
RE: GFYI [Official] Macrium Reflect Home Christmas 2019 Giveaway - by treggi - 31 December 19, 14:35