Dismiss this notice
WinRAR forever! Father's Day 2019 Giveaway - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Dismiss this notice
Avast Premier Photo Caption - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Dismiss this notice
FastestVPN Accounts Giveaway - [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to stop everyone from spying on you (for free)
Quote: If who you are is defined by what you do, then data gathered on your actions forms part of the definition of you. For myself, and many others whose lives are online, that implies that most of my life can be defined by data held by corporations and faceless entities I know nothing about. That data can be used to persuade me, understand me, and guide me – three things I would prefer to be in control of myself, and thanks to various benevolent groups, can control.
After reading about countless [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register] of data, I concluded that I should be protecting my data, but I didn’t want to sacrifice any convenience nor pay to have to do so. Here’s a list of the programs and methods I use to protect and understand my data, with my two cents on each.
Internet Service ProvidersStarting at the router, an ISP guides web requests across the internet and brings the results back, letting them peruse through every single bit of network traffic. ISPs generally have good intentions, but some have been known to collect and sell data, surrender data to governments or have their data stolen.
They can be stopped by using a VPN (virtual private network) or the Tor network, but as Tor comes with a lot of inconveniences, I recommend a VPN for general users. For a long time VPNs were quite expensive, but now there’s a new, free option: [Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register].
[Only registered and activated users can see links Click here to register]