[Image: mINuEUQ.png]

We at Geeks For Your Information are very pleased to announce our 
My Dad forever! My WinRAR forever! 
Father's Day 2019 Giveaway!

[Image: WBOjOca.gif]

We would like to thank WinRAR Marketing 
for sponsoring us the giveaway prizes

Overview

WinRAR is the Windows version of RAR archiver -- a powerful compression tool allowing the user to create, manage and control archive files. This compression software offers a full list of quality ZIP features and supports a host of extraction formats. The user can compress files into RAR 5, RAR 4, and ZIP archive formats and can extract a number of different archives. WinRAR supports the extraction of several archive formats which in addition to RAR and ZIP, includes RAR, ZIP, 7Z,  ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZ, LZH, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z, ZIPX and 001. WinRAR's most user-friendly aspects are the drag-and-drop feature and the Archive Wizard. WinRAR automatically detects the type of files you are compressing and adjusts the compression rate accordingly. WinRAR uses a traditional display involving menu trees that lets you go to your archive folder and drag the files or folder into WinRAR. WinRAR is officially distributed by win.rar GmbH

There are several versions of RAR, for a number of operating environments: Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac OS X.

There are two (2) versions of RAR for Windows: 

(1) Version with graphical user interface - WinRAR.exe; 
This is the RAR archiver version for Windows with full graphical interface. See "The WinRAR Interface below". 

(2) Command line console (text mode) version - Rar.exe.
This is also RAR version for Windows, but it only supports the command line text mode interface. This console RAR version is convenient, when the user needs to call RAR from BAT and CMD files or to use it at the command prompt. The console RAR version supports a larger number of command line switches and commands comparing to WinRAR. 

Note: WinRAR and WinRAR self-extracting modules require Windows XP SP3 or later.

[Image: Ipo2UXT.gif]

[Image: BjN22ms.gif]

WinRAR features

• Complete support of RAR and ZIP 2.0 archives; 
  • Highly sophisticated, original compression algorithm; 
  • Shell interface including drag-and-drop facility and wizard; 
  • Command line interface; 
  • Non RAR archives (7Z, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZ, LZH, TAR, UUE, XZ, Z, 001 and several ZIPX types) management; 
  • Solid archiving, which can raise compression ratio by 10% - 50% over more common methods, particularly when packing a large number of small, similar files; 
  • Multi-volume archives; 
  • Creation of self-extracting archives (also multi-volume) using the default or optional SFX modules; 
  • Recovering physically damaged archives; 
  • Recovery volumes allowing to reconstruct missing parts of multi-volume archives. 
  • Unicode support in file names; 
  • Drag and drop support
  • Other service functions, such as encryption, archive comments, error logging, etc. 

ARCHIVING FILES

Archiving file/s in Windows Explorer 
The fastest way to archive files/folders in Windows Explorer is via WinRAR shell integration. User can enable this function via "Options > Settings > Integration > Shell Integration -- (check) "Integrate WinRAR into shell". With this enabled user just needs to select whatever he needs to archive and right-click. The context menu items will show the WinRAR shell integration. Items given are: (a) "Add to archive…” (2) "Add to <archive name>, (3) Compress and Email..., and (4) Compress to <archive name> and email. The context menu items can be added to or removed via "Options > Settings > Integration > Shell Integration -- (click) "Context menu items...” See images below. 

[Image: wjd6TnF.png]

[Image: phrdEB6.gif]

[Image: KsNx170.gif]

[Image: 3LLNqAk.gif]

Drag and drop support

"Drag and Drop" function is only applicable "if" "Integrate WinRAR into shell" is enabled (checked). Dropping files is available only into RAR and ZIP archives. There are several ways to use "drag and drop" feature in WinRAR. See example images below. 

[Image: IuYS8RJ.gif]

[Image: Cdrt0BV.gif]

[Image: f0ldb6L.png]

[Image: B7B3Dw2.gif]

SFX archives

An SFX or SelF-eXtracting archive is an archive, merged with an "executable module". Extraction of contents is triggered by executing the SFX archive file. Thus no external program is necessary to extract the contents of an SFX archive, (the SFX archive is enough to execute itself). Nevertheless WinRAR can work with SFX archives as with any other archives, so if the user does not want to run a received SFX archive (for safety purposes), he may use WinRAR to view or extract its contents. All SFX archives usually have ".exe" extension as any other executable file. There are several ways to create an SFX archives in WinRAR. See example images below. 

[Image: iWTKMUa.gif]

[Image: LsAqiCG.gif]

[Image: 5IKGQp5.gif]

[Image: t002225.gif]

EXTRACTING FILES

Extracting file/s in Windows Explorer 
Extracting files in Windows Explorer will be far easier with WinRAR shell integration enabled. Thus it is advisable that the user enable this function via "Options > Settings > Integration > Shell Integration -- (check) "Integrate WinRAR into shell". There are several ways to extract contents of an archive in WinRAR. See examples below. 

[Image: QmppV1R.gif]

[Image: J66KMDE.gif]

[Image: bN4n3yb.gif]

[Image: THSIpGZ.gif]

TEST ARCHIVE FILE

To test an existing archive inside Windows Explorer, the user just needs to right-click on the archive and select the "Test archive" in the context menu. If no errors are detected, WinRAR will display a corresponding message. If there are errors found, WinRAR displays the data via a "Diagnostic message" window. 

[Image: JwjvLv7.gif]

VIEW CONTENTS OF AN ARCHIVE

To "view" the files/contents inside an archive you can either use Main menu > Command > View File, or click on the "View" button in the WinRAR window or via keyboard shortcut -- Alt+V. 

In the "View file" command, WinRAR shows the contents of the file under the cursor in the "internal viewer" window regardless of the file contents or configuration settings, but if the user were to press "Enter" on a file name, several different results are possible. If the file under the cursor is an archive, WinRAR will open it and display its contents, otherwise further actions depend upon them settings specified in "Viewer settings dialog box". 

[Image: pDi3fGc.png]

DELETING CONTENTS OF AN ARCHIVE

The "Delete" command in WinRAR shell state is accessible in both "file management mode" and "archive management mode" but the user should be wary of the differences between deleting in both states.  

[Image: f4i62NX.gif]

[Image: j2gZRjL.gif]

FIND FILES

The "Find" command in WinRAR shell is accessible in both states (file management mode and archive management mode). User can execute "Find files" via the toolbar button > "Find", or "Tools > Find files". Using "Find files" dialog it is possible to search for files contained the specified string either in the opened archive or in selected folders or disks. 

[Image: IoRdsZW.gif]

[Image: AAXzh34.gif]

INFO / SHOW INFORMATION OF AN ARCHIVE

The "Info" button is the "show information" command and can also be accessed via the Main menu > Tools > Show Information, or via the "Info" button in the toolbar of WinRAR window. 

[Image: B4NRZEz.gif]

[Image: H24SOEo.gif]

VirusScan

Although you’re main security setup should be configured to scan all files to be safe. There are instances that you may need to scan within WinRAR shell “archive management mode". To scan an archive for viruses user can either click "VirusScan" via the toolbar button of WinRAR window or via "Tools > Scan archive for viruses"

[Image: NCCkxwl.gif]

REPAIR AN ARCHIVE

WinRAR is able to repair only RAR and ZIP archives. WinRAR tries to detect the type of the archive automatically using archive data and extension, but user also may set an archive type manually. The source archive is not changed and result of operation is stored into a new archive, which is named "fixed.arcname.rar" or "rebuilt.arcname.rar", where 'arcname' is the original archive name. Success of "Repair" operation depends on the archive type and type and size of damaged area. Chance of successful RAR archive repair is significantly higher if it has the recovery record. If archive does not contain the recovery record, chances are lower for solid archives and no repair is possible for archives with encrypted file names. See images below. 

[Image: VTYK8wL.gif]

Latest stable version is WinRAR version 5.71 (April 29, 2019)

What's New:
Quote: 
  • 1. "Convert archives" command:
    a) improved performance when processing a lot of small archives in Windows 10

b) fixed memory leaks which could lead to excessive memory use when converting to ZIP format.

2. Corrupt ZIP archive processing:
    a) "Repair" command replaces packed and unpacked file sizes stored in local file header with sizes from central directory if local header sizes look invalid;

b) file extraction is stopped at unpacked size stored in ZIP headers even if available packed data allows further extraction. It is done to prevent unexpected hard drive space usage.

3. Ctrl+C allows to abort RAR "l" command quickly.
    In previous versions it could take several seconds until list command stopped.

Full Release Changes HERE

Geeks For Your Information Forum WinRAR ver5.7x Review is
HERE[/url]

WinRAR ver 5.71 licenses for this giveaway/contest
WinRAR Marketing has provided Geeks For Your Information Forum,

Three (3) lifetime licenses of WinRAR 

and 

Seven (7) licenses of WinRAR ver 5.71 as giveaway/contest prize.

WinRAR ver5.71 licenses are perpetual (version limited) licenses for the latest stable version (version 5.71) including minor upgrades to WinRAR version 5.7x. 

Lifetime licenses are perpetual (version unlimited) licenses including major / minor upgrades to future WinRAR versions. 

CONTEST RULES

To boost forum participation/contribution, all who wish to participate MUST have created a minimum of 3 threads and 5 posts (threads in sections: (a) Giveaways / Contests (b) Deals and © Geeks FYI > Feedback are NOT INCLUDED). Entries not meeting the requirement will be deleted. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

1. Please answer the question below.  

"Share a fond memory of your Dad/Father (that you’ll never forget) and WHY do you want to win a WinRAR lifetime license?"

Post your reply as contest entry WITH your social media share.  Please see sample entry below.

[Image: 2DZNJh1.png]

WinRAR Marketing REQUIREMENT

All those who will join MUST like/follow WinRAR's social networking sites (both or any of the sites will do). Again this is required by WinRAR Marketing.

2. REQUIRED: Please share this giveaway by pasting the code below in your Facebook/Twitter/Google+ Account.  

(Share is NOT limited to popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.)

Code:
Geeks For Your Information Forum [Official] My Dad forever! My WinRAR forever! Father's Day 2019 Giveaway 
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=7107 

3. One entry per IP address ONLY. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

Only one entry per member is allowed. Dual entries will both be deleted and user will be banned from giveaway so please be careful.

If there are any questions / concerns pertaining to the giveaway/contest please get in touch with me through PM. Do not post it in this thread. Doing so will merit a warning and ultimately be banned from entering further giveaway/contests.

WINNERS WILL RECEIVE

Top three (3) selected entries will each receive one (1) lifetime license of WinRAR 

and 

Succeeding seven (7) selected entries will each receive one (1) license 
of WinRAR ver 5.71.

WinRAR ver5.71 licenses are perpetual (version limited) licenses for the latest stable version (version 5.71) including minor upgrades to WinRAR version 5.7x. 

Lifetime licenses are perpetual (version unlimited) licenses including major / minor upgrades to future WinRAR versions. 

Winners will be selected via WinRAR Marketing representative and once posted,
winners will only have 5 days to send a PM to claim their prize.

WINNER DATA REQUIRED

WinRAR Marketing requires all winners to send the following data below to facilitate the preparation of licenses. Please include "all" required data in your win claim via PM.

1. Name (First/Last name):
2. Street:
3. ZIP/City:
4. Country:
5. E-Mail:

NO CONFIRMATION FOR THOSE WITH INSUFFICIENT/INCOMPLETE DETAILS.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

The Giveaway will run 
from June 5, 2019 to July 20, 2019

Good-luck to all!!!

[Image: blsPCgM.gif]
[-] The following 14 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dhruv2193, dinosaur07, hanso, harlan4096, ismail, konku, Mehmet, Mohammad.Poorya, pinp, pisondi, silversurfer, sinanogz, smieszko, Toligo
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST IS OPEN!!!
[-] The following 9 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, harlan4096, ismail, konku, Mehmet, Mohammad.Poorya, silversurfer, smieszko, Toligo
"Share a fond memory of your Dad/Father (that you’ll never forget) and WHY do you want to win a WinRAR lifetime license?"

My fond/beloved memory of my father's promise to me:

My father, born in the Smokey Mountains of East Tennessee, came from utter poverty. ...His alcoholic "hobo" father deserted him, along with his mother and younger sister, when he was a small boy. ...My father dropped out of school in the 8th grade to work in a chair factory loading trucks in order to feed his mother and sister. When he was 18 he married my mother and I was born a year later in 1952. When I was 6 years old, he ruptured a disk in his lower back loading the trucks where he worked. He could no longer work but he got a $3000 settlement from the company. He took this small amount of money and built a small garage in a tiny cornfield his mother owned.  He taught himself to fix any kind of automobile and began a used car business with the $600 he had left from the settlement. 

I saw him work 12-18 hour days for many years to develop his business, build a four-room house for my mother, me, and my siblings ...and put food on the table.  ...He had grown up knowing the feeling of true hunger and going to bed many nights afraid for his safety, but I never went to bed hungry or scared of intruders because of him.  ...He once said to me, "You will never be hungry or need a safe place to sleep as long as I am alive." ...And I never did.  He was the "work ethic" of western civilization personified. 
Rest in Peace, Dad. Heart

Why do I want to win a WinRAR license? 
WinRAR software is a time proven and top-rated compression software by computer users across the world. One only has to google its name to discover this. ...WinRAR is the most popular archiver software. It has many features and tools that can create compressed files in both RAR and ZIP formats. It can unpack most known file formats such as RAR, ZIP, ISO, CAB, 7ZIP and many more.

*I followed WinRAR on their Twitter page (https://twitter.com/WinRAR_RARLAB) as "Elijah Gale."

My Twitter share for this contest 

Many thanks to the WinRAR Marketing team, Geeks.fyi forum, and our great moderator jasonX for this contest and the opportunity to win a WinRAR license. Smile
(aka Elijah Gale) "Always looking for kind people and the best software in all the right places, like on Geeks.fyi forum." Heart
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to divinenews for this post:
  • akiratoriyama, dhruv2193, ismail, jasonX, Mohammad.Poorya
Thanks for this giveaway

My father and I used to travel a lot when we were kids, but when I grew up, we couldn't make these trips anymore because of both my work and his works.
It would be nice to ride the motor into the sunset. Like we did before.
Father love is immortal love that will last forever
Love your father, your mother, your family.
They won't be one day.

It would be nice to win a winrar license that will last forever like father's love
Smile

The best compression program.
Good level compression and high security encryption.
I am using an older version and I hope I have a chance to win a new version license.

Twitter
Facebook
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sinanogz for this post:
  • divinenews
CONTEST EXTENDED TO JULY 20 as per sponsor request. Cheers!
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dhruv2193, dinosaur07, harlan4096, konku, Mohammad.Poorya
https://twitter.com/dhruvmercury/status/...7630240770

When i was small, my father once bought sofa covers and i was so happy that I massaged his head for about 1.5 hours. Till this day, he teases me when i will become so excited again to which i say that i was small back then. Note- My father likes when i massage his head. This made me realize that the most precious/memorable time with my father was when i was small and innocent and I used to get excited even by small things.
I want to win winrar license as it is one of the most lightweight archiving utilities with all the features one needs like support for widest range of formats, repair feature, VirusScan , easy to use and rwad interface.
Thanks!!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dhruv2193 for this post:
  • divinenews
"Share a fond memory of your Dad/Father (that you’ll never forget)....

My Dad thought me everything I know to repair things in the house, say, electrical, small plumbing, roofing etc. I remember him showing me how to do it then reverse evrything he did and make me do it on my own. He started me early at 10 years old and all I wanted to do was play. It was like that a "constant-no-play-watch-and learn-then do it or else the belt". Along the years we repaired things together. When I have work he waited for me during Saturdays or Sundays to do repair with me. When he got old he just watched and nodded with agreement when it was all done. He thought me and it will stay with me as long as I live. Things he thought me I now pass it on to my kids. 

and WHY do you want to win a WinRAR lifetime license?"

I want to win a WinRAR license because I'll never have to go gaga when there is a new update especially after the vulnerability issue that arose way back. I use WinRAR often. Even office use WinRAR! Having lifetime license is like having Dad here with me. I am confident knowing he is there watching. Thanks WinRAR!

https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/11...0708355072
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to damien76 for this post:
  • divinenews
Thanks to jasonX and WinRAR team for the giveaway

Share a fond memory of your Dad/Father (that you’ll never forget)

The last years of my life have been very difficult and I would not have overcome all these difficulties if I had not always had my father next to me at all times. In particular, I can't really forget the first day I started walking again. I remember my father holding my hands and his grip was strong and stable and gave me confidence.
He urged me to take a few more steps and reach the bedroom door.

I'd like to win a WinRAR license because it is the best archiving software. In particular, I really like the self extracting archive creator because it is the wonderful for creating silent application installers and also I really appreciate the abilities of creating custom profiles compression. The capability of put these profiles on the Windows Explorer context menu and capacity of having immediate execution allow me to save a lot of time.

Twitter share

WinRAR Facebook page liked and followed
https://www.facebook.com/ottavio.ania/po...8523455085
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to alfabet for this post:
  • divinenews
First of all, I would like to thank @jasonX for organising such a great giveaway and to WinRar marketing for supporting unique lifetime licenses for their state of art software. Great appreciation from my side for all the parties involved.
Now, regarding the contest, a nice memory with my father is the one that marques my entire life. One day when I was young I went to swim with my friends and although I took all the precautionary measures possible i was so close to get drowned and my father was very careful and in a second jumped in the water and saved my life. Thanks to him I live now so for me he remains my saviour. Thanks, dad.
Now, regarding why I want to win WinRar. It is the best archiver, has the smallest impact on my system, uses low memory and can unrar files in seconds. Also it rars them at the smallest size possible.

I liked and followed on social media.
My share below:

https://twitter.com/dinosaur071/status/1...69153?s=20

Shy
software enthusiast!
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dinosaur07 for this post:
  • divinenews
The memory of my father that l never forget is a scientific calculator. When I got admission in college. I was studying Pre Medical, and I said my father for a 
scientific calculator. He buys the latest scientific calculator for me.No one in my class seen this before because everyone had the older model without
cover, and my calculator had a slide cover as like today some smartphones.

[Image: 13133bc8-ff43-4c1d-979b-747b8b010f70.jpg]

WHY do you want to win a WinRAR lifetime license?"
1)WinRAR is a powerful compression tool 

2)WinRAR supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip)

3)Multi-volume archives

My share : https://twitter.com/MehmetButun15/status...2642994176