Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Intel Unveils Specs for 9th-Gen H-Series CPUs
Information 
[Image: intel_core_cpu_coffee-9th_678_678x452.jpg]
Quote:ntel is yet has to announce its 9th Gen Core processors for laptops officially, but because the company needs to sort out all the things with authorities and regulators well in advance of actual product launches, CPU model numbers and general specifications have been published well ahead of the formal release. As it turns out, recently the company disclosed the first details about its 9th Gen mobile Core i9, Core i7, and Core i5 H-series processors for higher-end laptops.

Before proceeding to the actual products, let us make it clear what Intel actually revealed. Among other things, Intel (and other companies) has a number of export compliance metrics for its CPUs, including GFLOPS, Adjusted Peak Performance (APP), and Composite Theoretical Performance (CTP). These metrics are used by various governments to determine capabilities of CPUs and other processors. The APP and GFLOPS metrics are used by the US Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS). Meanwhile, other authorities and regulators use CTP calculations, which are stated in Millions of Theoretical Operations Per Second (MTOPS), to assess what companies import to their countries. The CTP numbersare the ones that Intel published for its yet-to-be released CPUs.
Full reading: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13969/int...80hk-9300h
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • silversurfer
Quote:Intel today posted an official document online revealing the chipmaker's upcoming 9th-generation Intel Core H-series processors. The list of previously unannounced chips span from mid-range Core i5 models up to high-end Core i9 models.

Intel 9th-generation H-series chips are built around Intel's Coffee Lake microarchitecture and are expected to come out of the saturated 14nm++ cooking oven. H-series processors primarily target the mobile high-performance market, such as gaming laptops and mobile workstations. As a result, they typically have a modest 45W TDP (thermal design power) rating.

If you're rusty on Intel nomenclature, the "H" suffix stands for high-performance graphics. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the processors come with upgraded integrated graphics over their predecessors. Similar to their desktop counterparts, the 9th-generation H-series parts retain the Intel UHD Graphics 630 graphics processor and support for DDR4-2666 memory.

The Intel Core i9-9980HK stands on top of the H-series processor hierarchy. As designated by the "K" suffix, the i9-9980K is the only H-series part that comes with an unlocked multiplier for overclocking. The processor is expected to come with eight cores, 16 threads and 16MB of L3 cache. Intel listed the i9-9980HK with a 5GHz boost clock, which is probably the single and dual-core boost speed.

The i9-9880H is the second in command of the 9th-generation H-series army. The core and cache specifications are identical to the i9-9980HK. However, the i9-9880H has a locked multiplier and a lower boost clock that maxes out at 4.8GHz.

On the other hand, the i7-9850H and i7-9750H are equipped with six cores, 12 threads and 12MB of L3 cache. It has a 4.6GHz boost clock, while the i7-9750H has a slightly boost clock set at 4.5GHz.

The i5-9400H and i5-9300H round off the list of H-series chips. They are equipped with four cores, eight threads and 8MB of L3 cache. The i5-9400H has a 4.3GHz boost clock and the i5-9300H has a 4.1GHz boost clock.
Source
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to DTinn8 for this post:
  • silversurfer