Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mozilla Firefox 65 Promises Enhanced Security for Linux, Android, and macOS
Quote:A new major Firefox version is expected to land at the end of January 2019 with some interesting changes and new features as Mozilla continues to improve the security and reliability of its open-source web browser.

With the Firefox 65 release, Mozilla adds support for the WebP image format for all platforms, the ability to change the UI's display language in the Options page, as well as AV1 video codec support for Window users.

macOS users would be happy to learn that with the Firefox 65 release they'll be able to continue browsing from their iPhone or iPad devices on their Macs as this release supports the Handoff feature. There's also good news for Linux users as they will finally be able to switch tabs by scrolling in the tab bar. Also, Windows users can now install Firefox using an MSI installer.

To help ensure the security of our digital lives, Mozilla is adding an extra layer of security to the Linux, Android, and macOS platforms by implementing an enhanced stack smashing protection in Firefox 65, which will be enabled by default for all users. Additionally, Firefox 65 comes with an updated Content Blocking section in the Privacy & Security panel and much simpler blocking options in Control Center's Options page.

Source: https://news.softpedia.com/news/mozilla-...4471.shtml
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to silversurfer for this post:
  • Deep900, harlan4096
For the GUI I prefer Firefox but for security I still prefer Chrome. However good to see security improvements soon.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Deep900 for this post:
  • harlan4096
Chrome is the best according to me. Translate from google works perfectly while in firefox, one has to take 1-2 extra steps. But the common thing between the 2 is that they both use a lot of Ram these days.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dhruv2193 for this post:
  • harlan4096
I use S3.Translator extension in my FF and is great, nor even comparable to Chrome integrated translation feature Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • dhruv2193