Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Norton Security
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.22.1.58 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

This update is available for the following Norton products:
  • New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online
To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.

Below FAQ addresses some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

Norton Security 22.22.1.58 

2. When will I receive the patch?

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.

3. How can I manually install these patches?

This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What's new in Norton 22.22.1.58 ?
  • Enhanced Windows 11 context menu to display the backup options in the top level
  • Additional enhancements to the Software updater feature (like enabling tile in dashboard)
  • Added Norton Crypto options in Systray
  • Additional settings offering to hide crypto in My Norton
  • Customers who opt-in to using Norton Crypto will have the feature installed on their systems (See announcement)
  • Bug fixes:
    • Scroll bar missing in Features Tile area ( Thread1Thread2
    • The screen shows 100% utilization with 10.2 hash rate – (Thread
    • Norton Security History shows Task Manager is blocked in Windows 11 – (Thread)
  • Other minor bug fixes, under-the-hood changes, and performance enhancements 
5. Where can I post my queries?

Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries. For queries regarding Norton Crypto, please post them in Norton Crypto board.

Please note:
  • Some of the features are being throttled
  • Norton 22.22.1 supports: Windows 7 SP1 with SHA2, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.22.1 targets versions 22.21.11.46, 22.21.10.40 & 22.21.10.37.
  • This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack) 
Download
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • ismail
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.22.2.10 for Windows is now available!

Norton Security 22.22.2.10 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

This update is available for the following Norton products:
  • New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online
To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.

[Image: About%2022.22.2.10.png]

Below FAQ addresses some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

Norton Security 22.22.2.10 

2. When will I receive the patch?

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.

3. How can I manually install these patches?

This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What's new in Norton 22.22.2.10 ?
  • We provide customers with a more secure browsing option, when they exit Incognito mode
    [Image: image002_1.jpg]
  • Included additional enhancements to the Software updater feature  
    Note: This feature is released in a throttled manner
[Image: SU_0.png]
  • Users will be able to filter and view the history of the Software Updater activity in the Security History tab
    [Image: SU%20filter_0.png]
  • Fixed issues that were identified with Narrator for visually impaired customers and defects reported by Microsoft
  • Bug fix:
    • AppIdentityCA stopped working on Windows 7 & 8 computers (Thread )
  • Other minor bug fixes, under-the-hood changes, and performance enhancements 
Below are some Known Issues in this build:
  • Software Updater fails to update Microsoft Teams & Zoom app
  • Software Updater's Windows Update Alert is populated twice
  • Help links are not redirecting to the right KBs
  • PC needs to be restarted to get Right Click Context Menu to be visible
  • Antitrack installation failed after download
  • When Software Updater is running, patch to 22.22.2 fails and asks for restart
5. Where can I post my queries?

Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries. For queries regarding Norton Crypto, please post them in Norton Crypto board.

Please note:
  • Some of the features are being throttled
  • Norton 22.22.2 supports: Windows 7 SP1 with SHA2, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 10 and Windows 11.
  • Norton 22.22.2 targets versions 22.21.11.42, 22.21.11.46, 22.22.1.52, 22.22.1.58 & 22.22.2.6.
  • This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack)
Download
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • ismail