Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which Browser is the Most secure one ?
Which Browser you think the most secure ? why?
Krish

Earth has no refresh button, Save Trees.
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to krish for this post:
  • ashwin, browneylad, Deep900, Joanna4589
I think it actually depends on the user. If someone visits warez sites, they are highly likely to get their PC infected or browser hijacked.

Security wise, I think you can't go wrong with most major browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and derivatives of Chromium (Vivaldi, Comodo Dragon etc, and Firefox based browsers like Pale Moon, Waterfox, etc.

To answer your question, my vote goes to Firefox (or Firefox Focus for Android and iOS)

Regardless of what browser you use, I recommend using Ublock Origin to block malicious ads. There are lots of add-ons to make your browsing more secure.

And as an additional layer, I recommend using Sandboxie, as the cookies, downloads, browser data are isolated from the PC's environment, so even if the browser gets injected with a malicious script or downloads some malware, your PC is safe.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to ashwin for this post:
  • browneylad, Deep900, krish
I love chrome. Its very secure browser. Very easy to work with many tabs & great quality speed. Its so fast.
Google Chrome is the safest and fastest browser. The tech giant is quick to fix any vulnerabilities, and fast updates. The minimal and clean look, and website compatibility is good. Google's proprietary tools or services, etc.
With latest windows release, I would state Edge is clearly the most secure of the browsers now, at least for windows 10 Pro and on up that can now utilize Application Guard to run Edge in isolation, disabling abilities to download, or copy to clip board ect dependent upon settings by the administrator as well as currently not being able to save favorites or run extensions.

This coupled with Family options is absolutely perfect for kids, and the less click savvy.
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to phoenix for this post:
  • akiratoriyama, harlan4096, jasonX, Joanna4589, krish, silversurfer
I think most secure browser is probably Microsoft Edge, by I prefer Firefox with extensions like: ScriptSafe and Opera Browser. Yesterday I ,,installed" portable version of Google Chrome, and it detected in System incompatible software in WinPatrol, not in Malwarebytes Premium- and that's what I expected. I think Google Chrome is also secure but it use many RAM, and update it self- yes I know I can disable it in Autoruns, produced by: Windows Sysinternals.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Joanna4589 for this post:
  • harlan4096
Brave to be honest build on principles of privacy
I would say Chrome: fast, secure, and it uses advanced features like Site Isolation (which is very good against vulnerabilities). And it patches vulnerabilities very fastly. The only cons for me is the RAM usage, but I prefer security than lightness on resources.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Deep900 for this post:
  • harlan4096
It depends on how you will define "being secure".