Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HP Launches ProBook 400 G6 Series: Thinner & Sleeker Workhorses
Information 
[Image: HP-ProBook-400-Series-G6_Family_678x452.jpg]
Quote:HP on Wednesday introduced its sixth-generation ProBook 400-series laptops, which are aimed at small and medium businesses. Just like their direct predecessors, the new HP ProBook 400-series G6 systems are powered by Intel’s 8th Generation Core i3/i5/i7 "Whiskey Lake" processors. Meanwhile, the new notebooks come in sleeker and thinner aluminum chassis and generally look better than the laptops they're set to replace.

HP’s ProBook 400-series G6 are typical workhorses that bring together stylish looks, regular weight and thickness, moderate specs, as well as robust security. The latter is enabled by a TPM 2.0 chip, HP’s BIOSphere Gen4 firmware, a fingerprint reader, and an optional Windows Hello-compatible webcam with IR sensors. Though it should be noted that since the ProBook 400-series are not enterprise-grade machines, HP does not offer things like SEDs (self-encrypting drives), remote management, etc. At the same time, select models will be outfitted with Intel’s XMM 4G/LTE Cat 6 or Cat 9 modems to please road warriors. As an added bonus, all the ProBook 400 G6 notebooks also use a spill-resistant keyboard.

The new ProBook 400-series G6 machines come in aluminum chassis with 13.3, 14, and 15.6-inch displays that appear to be a bit thinner and lighter when compared to ProBook 400-series G5 machines. Speaking of monitors, they feature a 1920×1080 or 1366×768 resolution and may be covered with an antiglare coating. As for weight and thickness, they vary from 1.5 to 2 kilograms as well as from 1.8 to 1.9 cm (see the table below for exact details).
Full reading: https://www.anandtech.com/show/13647/hp-...workhorses