Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Which software do you use to protect your device with Android?
I am currently using ESET Mobile Antivirus on my Android device
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sgx for this post:
  • harlan4096
Currently I use  Kaspersky Internet Security for android and Zemana mobile Antivirus.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Decimus for this post:
  • harlan4096
Avast Mobile Security is a good choice
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to sty for this post:
  • harlan4096
I don't use an Antivirus on phone. I am looking for a good Free Firewall for non-rooted Android phone.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pinp for this post:
  • harlan4096
Try NetGuard app Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • pinp
harlan, I will check NetGuard.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pinp for this post:
  • harlan4096
Eset Mobile here.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • harlan4096
Malwarebytes here  Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Raur for this post:
  • harlan4096
(02 January 19, 04:41)jayc137 Wrote:
(02 January 19, 01:54)MonkeySnark Wrote: Bitdefender free and google play protect
Rolleyes

Though to be straight forward, after looking this thread over, I went to the play store and thought what else is there?
As I have been happily using Bitdefender and Zemana for years on my pc, and just naturally went with this, on my new android tablet.
After looking things over and a bit of research, Dr Capsule looks interesting, anyone ever use it?

If you mostly avoid using apps from any other sources than play store, an AV might not be necessary. Google Play Protect has an issue though, if you download an app from the GPlay Store, and it has some virus/malware in it, Play Protect doesn't detect it. Whenever installing an app, either from Play Store or via direct .apk file, make sure to see the permissions the app is asking. For example, a flashlight app shouldn't need any other permissions than camera.

If you do want to have a security app, I've heard good things about Kaspersky Mobile though.

Spot on... Av's for Android really offer you nothing more then is already present, with the exception of a few that have extra features, although one needs to weigh if the potential to open themselves up to bugs/exploits utilizing an AV, and the resource usage is worth the effort, not to mention the lack of ability for anti-viruses to reach levels of android and or remove embedded malware..

For example, Eset has a nice tool for network monitoring now on mobile, although its in Beta, and quite buggy, and to be honest, completely unnecessary. 

Security for android is simple, only install what you need, disable what you don't, vet what you do install thoroughly, and use the browsers on android sparingly, only if necessary, do not use apps you would need to worry about such as banking apps ect. Do this kind of work on your secured home systems. Your hand held mobile, is now your center hub, its connected to everything you do, it is wise to treat it as such, and limit what you do and expose with it.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to phoenix for this post:
  • harlan4096, silversurfer
Previously i had installed Kaspersky Mobile security and recentelly i'm using McAfee.Kaspersky was heavey and it used many source of my phone resources.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to hamilton for this post:
  • harlan4096