Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's the Best Antivirus for Windows 10 and 11? (Is Microsoft Defender Good Enough?)
Lightbulb 
Quote:Gone are the days when Windows would insist on installing antivirus software. Since Windows 8, you can inbuilt antivirus software known as Windows Defender. However, is this enough? Can this software keep your system and data protected? This article will look at whether you can rely on Windows Defender.

What is Windows Defender?

Windows Defender was previously known as Microsoft Security Essentials and was available as a separate download with Windows 7. From Windows 8, this software is built-in and enabled.

[Image: Windows-10-Windows-11-Microsoft-Defender.jpg]

Best Antivirus?

Apart from Windows Defender, there are other good options that you can use along with it. It is recommended to use Windows Defender for old-school viruses. While cybercriminals have moved on and come up with new ransomware and malware, Windows Defender can keep you protected from basic threats.

The best part is it runs in the background and works quickly.

If you're looking for something more advanced, you can try Avast, AVG, or Smadav. These are leading third-party antivirus software that protects your system in collaboration with Windows Defender.

Is Windows Defender Good?

Windows Defender scans all documents and programs, regularly downloads updates from Microsoft, and has a clean interface. As mentioned earlier, it doesn't cause your system to lag and works quickly in the background.

Is It Important To Use Other Antivirus Software?

The short answer is yes. You need to supplement Windows Defender with a stronger counterpart. This will help ensure your system is safe from all viruses. If you're worried about the system lagging while running both software, you can schedule both to run at different times. This way, your work won't get affected, and you get the protection you need.

Stay Protected

While many don't trust Windows Defender, it is reliable and does a decent job of keeping your system safe from most attacks. It may not be as good as other software, but it is good enough and can be used with other software.
Continue Reading
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • ismail, jasonX
Thanks for this info. The newbies will surely be informed better of this posts. While I still prefer using a suite (Avast Premium Security, KIS and EIS -- Eset) I have been setting aside partitions where I have a purely "free" setup. Among the free AV's I like Kaspersky Security Cloud, Bitdefender AV and Avast. I still have not used Windows Defender though (may not...still). The user is always king and what gels with him will always be his choice. I think the drought caused by Windows Defender being better is that people do not grab anymore the suites. Windows Defender is free and is an install and leave app. Much like the Windows firewall. I remember the days when firewalls like Outpost and Online Armor has become a staple. Well now...pfft...and even Emsisoft (which I did use before) now focuses on business grade security.  

Cheers!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • harlan4096, ismail