Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GFYI [Official] Dr.Web Security Space for Android plus Dr.Web KATANA Christmas 2022 G

[Image: top-logo1.png]

We at Geeks For Your Information are very pleased to announce our 
Dr.Web Security Space for Android plus Dr.Web KATANA Christmas 2022 Giveaway!

[Image: skOHBRG.gif]

We would like to thank Dr.Web for sponsoring us the giveaway prizes

[Image: zRFunJ1.gif]

Overview

Dr.Web Security Space for Android provides protection from all types of malicious programs that steal money and information as well as from encryption ransomware, dangerous web content, and unwanted calls and SMS. It is the first Russian anti-virus for Android — since 2010 with over 140 million downloads — just from Google Play Store!

[Image: mZNuwep.gif]

[Image: H6DHzFy.gif]

[Image: cdnuMtA.gif]

[Image: YU0jr64.gif]

[Image: h1MUJxV.gif]

Dr.Web Security Space for Android Protection Components

[Image: 5-PCAOS-TV.gif]

[Image: 6-Android-Protection-Components.gif]

[Image: 7-DWSS-A-Protect-Com-PC.png]

PERTINENT LINKS

Dr.Web KATANA

[Image: 0flUtrZ.gif]

Dr.Web Katana - KATANА: Kills Active Threats And New Attacks.

• A next-generation, non-signature anti-virus.

• Detects and blocks threats that your traditional anti-virus failed to detect.

• Analyses the behavior of each running program in real time, while checking each one against 

• Dr.Web cloud reputation data which is continuously updated.

• On the basis of constantly updated malware behavioral data, it determines whether a program is dangerous and then takes whatever measures are necessary to neutralize the threat.

• A non-signature anti-virus offering preventive protection against the latest active threats, targeted attacks, and attempts by Trojans and exploits to use vulnerabilities, including zero-day ones, to penetrate systems,  that is unknown to your anti-virus. 

• Unlike a traditional anti-virus, Dr.Web KATANA does not contain a signature database, a component that requires updating.

• The anti-virus protection algorithms in Dr.Web KATANA are implemented as executables and libraries. Periodically, updates are released to improve these algorithms and fix detected errors.

• To detect malicious actions, Dr.Web KATANA uses information stored by the anti-virus locally as well as Dr.Web Cloud reputation data 

[Image: aq71FFa.gif]

[Image: 8cfqrVM.gif]

[Image: dVhAtBo.gif]

[Image: 7sgRsUo.gif]

When is it necessary to run two anti-virus applications concurrently—a conventional anti-virus and a non-signature anti-virus?

• When your anti-virus fails to detect threats

• When your anti-virus cannot be updated frequently enough

• When your PC has been disconnected from the Internet for quite some time

• When your PC is connected to a network that has no Internet access and is rarely supplied with updates

Compatibility
Dr.Web KATANA is known to be compatible with anti-virus software from TrendMicro, Symantec, Kaspersky, McAfee, ESET, and others.

Features

• Protects critical system areas from being modified by malware.

• Detects and stops the execution of malicious, suspicious or unreliable scripts and processes.

• Detects unwanted file modification, monitors the operation of all processes to detect actions that are typical of malware (e.g., the activities of encryption ransomware), and prevents malicious objects from injecting their code into other processes.

• Detects and neutralizes threats that have not yet been discovered and entered in the Dr.Web virus database: encryption ransomware, web injectors.

• Protects against exploits—malicious objects that take advantage of software flaws, including those not yet known to anyone except  for the intruders who created them (i.e., zero-day vulnerabilities). 

• Controls the operation of the most popular browsers and their associated plugins; protects against browser blockers. 

• Blocks malware’s ability to modify boot disk areas in order to prevent the launch of Trojan horses, for example, on your computer.

• Blocks changes from being made to the Windows Registry to ensure that the safe mode won’t be disabled.

• Prevents malicious programs from altering basic system routines. By blocking certain Windows Registry keys, it prevents malware from changing the appearance of the desktop or hiding a Trojan with a rootkit.

• Prevents malware from changing launch permissions.

• Prevents new or unknown drivers from being downloaded without user consent. 

• Prevents malware and certain other applications, such as anti-antiviruses, from adding their entries into the Windows Registry where they could be launched automatically.

• Locks registry sections containing information about virtual device drivers, ensuring that no new virtual devices are created.

• Blocks connections between spyware components and the server that controls them.

• Prevents malware from disrupting system routines such as scheduled backups.

• Сan operate in conjunction with other anti-viruses to enhance the protection of your computer.

Benefits

• Neutralizes the latest malicious programs that have been designed to bypass detection by traditional signature-based scanning and heuristic mechanisms and that are completely new and not yet known  to your anti-virus.

• Starts protecting a system during the boot-up phase, even before the traditional, signature-based anti-virus is loaded!

• Neutralizes the actions of active malware programs without overloading the system.

• Analyses the behavior of each threat in real time by comparing it with the reputation information stored in the Dr.Web Cloud which is constantly being updated. Immediately neutralizes harmful scripts and processes that your anti-virus didn’t manage to recognize.  Monitors all system processes and blocks those that exhibit malicious behavior. Determines whether a program is dangerous and then takes whatever measures are necessary to neutralize the threat.

• Does not require any configuration and starts operating effectively as soon as it’s installed.

• Protects the system even if a PC is not connected to the Internet.

System requirements:

• Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista SP2/XP SP2+ (32-bit)* 
  • Windows 10/8/8.1/7/Vista SP2 (64-bit)*
  • RAM: at least 100 MB. 
  • Free disk space: ~150 MB. Temporary files created during installation will require additional disk space.

*Internet access for registration and updating.

PERTINENT LINKS

Dr.Web licenses for this giveaway/contest

Dr.Web has provided Geeks For Your Information Forum FIVE (5 x 1-year) licenses of Dr.Web Security Space for Android and FIVE (5 x 1-year) license of Dr.Web KATANA as Christmas 2022 contest prizes!

CONTEST RULES

Everyone can join in this contest including approved "new members"
Note: 'new members' must have posted in the "Introduction" section HERE to qualify.

1. Please answer the question below.

"Share feedback/observations to Dr.Web about Dr.Web Security Space for Android and Dr.Web KATANA and, why do you want to win a license of  Dr.Web Security Space for Android and Dr.Web KATANA?"

Post your reply as contest entry WITH your social media share.  Please see sample entry below.

[Image: crOd0fU.png]

2. REQUIRED: Please share this giveaway by pasting the quoted text below in your social media account/s.  

(Share is NOT limited to popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.) Facebook and Twitter are preferred.

Quote:Geeks For Your Information Forum [Official] Dr.Web Security Space for Android plus Dr.Web KATANA XMAS 2022 Giveaway
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=18285 

Quote:Dr.Web Security Home Products 2022
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=17663

Optional (but greatly appreciated) :

a. Kindly share the links below to add support to our sponsor. 

b. Kindly like/follow the social networking sites of Dr.Web as added support.

3. One entry per IP address ONLY. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

Only one entry per member is allowed (unless otherwise specified). Unauthorized entries/share links will be deleted and user will be banned from giveaway. Kindly remember that our sponsors/representatives are always checking the giveaway threads. So please be careful.

If there are any questions / concerns pertaining to the giveaway/contest please get in touch with me through PM. Do not post it in this thread. Doing so will merit a warning and ultimately be banned from entering further giveaway/contests.

WINNERS WILL RECEIVE

Each of the five (5) winners will get one (1) license of Dr.Web Security Space for Android and one (1) license of Dr.Web KATANA.

Winners will be selected by Dr.Web Representative and once posted, winners will only have 5 days to send a PM to claim their prize. 

Please include your details (Name / Email) in your PM claim for proper licensing.

NO CONFIRMATION FOR THOSE WITH INSUFFICIENT/INCOMPLETE DETAILS.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

The Giveaway will run 
from December 15, 2022 to January 30, 2023

Good luck to all!!!

[Image: BS1DJMN.gif]
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, harlan4096, ismail, THE RANTER
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST IS OPEN!
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, hanso, harlan4096, ismail, THE RANTER
"Share feedback/observations to Dr.Web about Dr.Web Security Space for Android and Dr.Web KATANA and, why do you want to win a license of  Dr.Web Security Space for Android and Dr.Web KATANA?"

I used Dr.Web KATANA before and it was light as a feather! Caught some nasty ones way back that Malwarebytes Free did not catch. Dr.Web Security Space for Android I have not used yet as I am using Avira Free. Reading the contents Dr.Web Security Space for Android seems to be a keeper especially for the kids. I want to win a license of both Dr.Web about Dr.Web Security Space for Android and Dr.Web KATANA  so I can setup my kids pc with ample protecion that a paid security gives! Thanks for this contest! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Twitter Share
https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/16...3796756480

https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/15...4718427136

Dr.Web Advent Calendar Tweet
https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/16...1856199681

Free Antivirus Downloads Tweet
https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/16...6154544128
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to damien76 for this post:
  • jasonX
Many thanks for another very good giveaway @jasonX and thanks to developers for supporting our forum with another great software.

"Share feedback/observations to Dr.Web about Dr.Web Security Space for Android and Dr.Web KATANA and, why do you want to win a license of Dr.Web Security Space for Android and Dr.Web KATANA?"

Dr.Web Security Space for Android & Dr.Web KATANA are one of the most innovative and top notch security solutions in the market. The Dr.Web team is always listening to feedback and updating their product to match customer needs because they want happy customers and users. I love Dr.Web security products. I am currently using Dr. Web Security Space for android and the browsing experience is great, i am warned and forbidden to access shady websites unless I go to url filter module and I temporarily disable it for access. It saved me many times for getting a virus on my PC.
It is really difficult to go back to anything else after using Dr. Web products for a long time. The way they just automatically block all the bad stuff without needing any input from me is so nice! I want a license in order to fully enjoy the benefits of this software.

I am already following them on social media.

My shares below:
twitter.com giveaway share
Dr.Web products
Dr.Web Advent Calendar
software enthusiast!
products share link
Share feedback/observations to Dr.Web about Dr.Web Security Space for Android and Dr.Web KATANA and, why do you want to win a license of  Dr.Web Security Space for Android and Dr.Web KATANA?"

I have not used Dr.Web Security Space for android and Dr. Web KATANA in the past. I find the Dr. Web Android security to have all the features  a good android security app should have like- anti-theft, phishing, malicious websites protection etc. I also find Dr. Web KATANA to be a wonderful solution against unknown malware or malware which evade my main AV. I would like to win both these solutions to protect my android against malware and malicious websites, and for anti-theft features and to prtect my PC against new and evolving malware. 
giveaway share
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to dhruv2193 for this post:
  • jasonX

I used Dr.Web Security Space for Android earlier.
Dr.Web Security Space is a comprehensive mobile antivirus application from Doctor Web. which includes protection against mobile threats, including Antispam, Firewall and Cloud Checker URL filter. The Anti-theft module allows you to find the phone in case of theft or loss and remotely delete important data on the phone.
Antivirus copes with its protection tasks successfully.

I want to use Dr.Web KATANA as an addition to the main antivirus and strengthen its protective properties using the functions of preventive protection against the latest active threats, targeted attacks and penetration attempts, including through zero-day vulnerabilities that are not yet known to the main antivirus.
Thanks Dr. Web for this tandem giveaway! Thanks for this promotion!

Twitter Share of GFYI giveaway / contest code
Facebook Share of GFYI giveaway / contest code
Dr.Web Security Home Products 2022 Share
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to kubik67 for this post:
  • jasonX
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST HAS ENDED!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dhruv2193, harlan4096
Sponsor has given the go-signal to randomize the winners. Thus, we are pleased to announce the WINNERS of,

GFYI [Official] Dr.Web Security Space for Android plus Dr.Web KATANA Christmas 2022 Giveaway
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=18285

[Image: yTyIMuC.png]

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Winner#1 -  dhruv2193

Winner#2 - damien76

Winner#3 - dinosaur07

Winner#4 - kubik67

Winners#5 - FORFEIT

Please include your Name/Email in your win claim

NO CONFIRMATION TO THOSE WHO WILL GIVE INCOMPLETE DATA

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

THANK YOU!!!!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, harlan4096