Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GFYI [Official] NoVirusThanks OSArmor v1.5 Christmas 2020 Giveaway

[Image: 1-top-logo-small.jpg]

We at Geeks For Your Information are very pleased to announce our 
NoVirusThanks OSArmor v1.5 Christmas 2020 Giveaway!

[Image: ZVjVWs1h.gif]

We would like to thank NoVirusThanks™ Company Srl / OSArmor developers for sponsoring us the giveaway prizes

OSArmor is a Windows OS application that monitor and block suspicious processes behaviors to prevent infections by malware, ransomware, and other threats. This tool analyzes parent processes and prevents, for example, MS Word from running cmd.exe or powershell.exe. It prevents ransomware from deleting shadow copies of files via vssadmin.exe, blocks processes with double file extensions i.e invoice.pdf.exe, blocks USB-spreading malware, and much more. It is lightweight, requires zero user input and protects your system while running in the background. 

[Image: 2nGRamA.gif]

OSArmor is a product of NoVirusThanks™ Company Srl of Italy (makers of EXERadar_Pro, Smart Object Blocker, File Governor etc.) The NoVirusThanks™ project began in early June 2008 with the primary objective of creating software and services related to computer and Internet security. One year later we founded NoVirusThanks™ Company Srl with headquarters in Italy. Since public inception we have developed and regularly maintained many security software programs, web services and highly customized software for Microsoft Windows NT-based operating systems. Our products and services are well known among a vast array of IT companies, CERTs, independent security research organizations and Internet users alike. Below there are some download statistics which shed some light on how popular our security software applications have become around the globe. 

[Image: 3-sitegif-4.gif]

OSArmor: An Additional Layer of Defense
This smart security application focuses on preventing malware infections by applying smart and intelligent rules that block malicious processes behavior. This tool can block threats not detected by your installed security solution. Add an additional layer of defense to your system and prevent infections by malware and ransomware! You don't have to configure anything, just install it and forget about it. We have already added more than 250 smart policies to improve your system security with this security application.

[Image: 4-INSTALL.gif]

[Image: 5-INTERFACE-11.gif]

[Image: 6-INTERFACE-2.gif]

[Image: 7-CRTP.gif]

Features:

• Basic Anti-Exploit

Analyze parent processes and child processes blocking exploit payloads.

• Protect MS Office Applications

Prevent WINWORD.EXE or EXCEL.EXE from executing malicious processes.

• Monitor Applications

Monitor Adobe PDF Reader, MS Office, OpenOffice, Web Browsers, etc.

• Block USB Malware

Prevent execution of processes started via autorun.inf from USB devices.

• Block Command-Lines

Block processes with command-line strings commonly related to malware.

• Protect Shadow Copies

Block system processes vssadmin.exe, etc from deleting shadow copies of files.

• Block File Download

Block specific command-lines related to download of remote files.

• Block .COM & .PIF

Block execution of processes with .COM or .PIF obsolete file extensions.

• Filter System Processes

Block wscript.exe, mshta.exe, etc if they match our rules of bad behaviors.

• Block Bcedit.exe

Prevent important and critical system modifications from Bcedit.exe

• Block Schtasks.exe

Block the execution of schtasks.exe commonly used by malware.

• Block Bitsadmin.exe

Prevent Bitsadmin.exe from downloading /download remote files.

• PowerShell Rules

Block execution of encoded or malformed commands via PowerShell.

• Svchost & Explorer

Block suspicious behaviors related to Svchost.exe and Explorer.exe.

• Block RegisterXLL()

Prevent calling of Application.Excel RegisterXLL via command-line.

• Block Remote Scripts

Prevent Regsvr32.exe or Mshta.exe from loading remote scripts.

• Intelligent Rules

Our internal smart rules can block known and not-yet-known suspicious process activities.

• Very Lightweight

The software application uses only a few MBs of memory, you will not even notice it.

More Info on OSArmor Features HERE

Custom Block Rules
With OSArmor you can write custom block rules to block specific processes behaviors. By using simple variables like %PROCESS% you can match many process fields, including process, parent process, command-line, signer, MD5 hash, process integrity, and much more. This allows you to create complex and smart rules to block new malicious processes (LOLBins, etc) or processes you don't want to allow in your system.

More Info on Custom Block Rules HERE

How to Create Custom Block Rules in OSArmor

[Image: 8-custom-blocks.gif]

[Image: 9-exclusions.gif]

Exclusion Rules
With OSArmor you can write exclusion rules to allow a blocked process to run. By using simple variables like %PROCESS% you can match many process fields, including process, parent process, command-line, signer, MD5 hash, process integrity, and much more. This allows you to create smart exclusion rules to safely allow a process behavior that is blocked by OSArmor. Match multiple fields (e.g: process and signer) to create safe rules.

More Info on Exclusion Rules HERE

Latest Build is OSArmor v1.5.3  (14-January-2021)

Changelog Info for OSArmor v1.5.3  (14-Jan-2021)
  • Improved management of protections rules in OSArmor Configurator
  • Added option to export/import protections rules, settings, all
  • Use exported .ini files with "Automatically update OSArmor settings from a URL"
  • Improved method to auto-update OSArmor settings from a URL
  • Added option to reset protections rules, settings, all
  • Added option to select protections profile (right-click on Configurator->Protections tab)
  • Added option to easily search protections rules
  • Added option to check/uncheck all protections rules
  • Added option to select protections rules group via a drop-down box
  • Previously exported settings (OSArmor.rules) will not work on this version
  • Updated NVT License Manager with latest version
  • Do not recreate Desktop icon after product has been upgraded
  • Fixed session ID issue involving Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP)
  • Added Block any process executed from web browsers
  • Added Block execution of popular web browsers
  • Added Block processes located on C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\*
  • Added Block execution of Resource File To COFF (cvtres.exe)
  • Merged many protections rules into single category-specific rules
  • Protections rules on Configurator have been reduced (merged) from 300 to 185
  • Improved automatic product update procedure
  • By default the setup creates a Desktop icon for all users on new installations
  • The desktop icon is not re-created in case it has been previously removed
  • Added /NODESKTOPICON parameter to use with setup.exe command-line
  • Various improvements in the installer script
  • Added new internal rules to block suspicious behaviors
  • Fixed all reported false positives
  • Minor improvements

See HERE

[Image: 10-osarmor-pricing.png]

More Info about OSArmor Pricing HERE

PERTINENT LINKS

How to Install OSArmor in Windows PC

How to Activate OSArmor with your License Key

How to Deactivate the License from a Device via Customer Portal

Block Various Exploit Payloads with OSArmor

Block EXE to MSI Malware with OSArmor

How to Block Cmd.exe and Powershell.exe

How to Block Windows Store App with OSArmor

Testing OSArmor with Recent Maldocs (October 2020)

Recent Excel Maldocs Blocked by OSArmor (October 2020)

OSArmor v1.5 licenses for this giveaway/contest

NoVirusThanks™ Company Srl / OSArmor has provided Geeks For Your Information Forum five (5 x 1-year) licenses of OSArmor v1.5 as Christmas 2020 contest prizes!

CONTEST RULES

To boost forum participation/contribution, all who wish to participate MUST have posted in the Introduction thread AND created a minimum of one (1) authored-threads and five (5) posts (threads in sections: (i) Giveaways / Contests (ii) Deals and (iii) Geeks FYI > Feedback (iv) Introduction are NOT COUNTED as created authored-threads). Entries not meeting the requirement will be deleted. 

Members with on-going "warnings" will NOT be allowed to join any giveaways until such "warnings" have been lifted. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

1. Please answer the question below.

“Share feedback about NoVirusThanks / OSArmor (can be of their support service, NoVirusThanks other products, application features or site content, etc.) and why do you want to win a NoVirusThanks OSArmor (Personal) license?"

Post your reply as contest entry WITH your social media share.  Please see sample entry below.

[Image: 11-OSArmor-sample-entry-small.png]

2. REQUIRED: Please share this giveaway by pasting the quoted text below in your Facebook/Twitter/Google+ Account.  

(Share is NOT limited to popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.)

Quote:Geeks For Your Information Forum [Official] NoVirusThanks OSArmor v1.5 Christmas 2020 Giveaway
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=13758

Optional: You may want to like/follow NoVirusThanks' social networking sites as added support.

3. One entry per IP address ONLY. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

Only one entry per member is allowed. Dual entries will both be deleted and user will be banned from giveaway so please be careful.

If there are any questions / concerns pertaining to the giveaway/contest please get in touch with me through PM. Do not post it in this thread. Doing so will merit a warning and ultimately be banned from entering further giveaway/contests.

WINNERS WILL RECEIVE

Each of the five (5) winners will get one (1-year) NoVirusThanks OSArmor v1.5 license

Winners will be selected by NoVirusThanks / OSArmor Representative and once posted,
winners will only have 5 days to send a PM to claim their prize. 

Please include your details (Name / Email) in your PM claim.

ALL are INSTRUCTED to always  check out "Announcements" HERE and HERE

NO CONFIRMATION FOR THOSE WITH INSUFFICIENT/INCOMPLETE DETAILS.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

The Giveaway will run 
from December 15, 2020 to January 10, 2021

Good luck to all!!!

[Image: BS1DJMN.gif]
[-] The following 6 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dhruv2193, dinosaur07, harlan4096, pisondi, silversurfer, Ultimo
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST IS OPEN!
[-] The following 5 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • damien76, dinosaur07, harlan4096, silversurfer, Ultimo
“Share feedback about NoVirusThanks / OSArmor (can be of their support service, NoVirusThanks other products, application features or site content, etc.) and why do you want to win a NoVirusThanks OSArmor (Personal) license?"

I was previously been a long time user of the old AppGuard v4, (have tried AppGuard Solo for a year) then all the while I always heard about OSArmor. So I constantly visited their Wilder's thread and from there after I finished my AppGuard Solo subscription I started using OSA. It was great and very light and all the blocks I did with AppGuard Solo it also applied. With additional tweaks and settings I learned from reading the Wilder's thread OSA has been with me always and have always relied on it. I never missed AppGuard Solo! That Wilder's thread is really something and all you need to learn in OSA is there. Thanks for the continued participation of the developers and members of the forum there! I use OSA in tandem with Malwarebytes Free + TinyWall + Avast Premium Security. Now it has become subscription too and due to the pandemic I can't spare extra as there are more things to be prepared for like the vaccine and additional medications for the family. I wanted to join to have a chance to get to use the version 1.5 (perhaps after a year I can purchase my own if economics improved and pandemic eases out). 

This was a surprise! Thanks for this opportunity to have a OSA v1.5 license! Thank you NoVirusThanks™ Company Srl / OSArmor developers! 

https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/13...0528874496
https://twitter.com/dhruvmercury/status/...8963806209
“Share feedback about NoVirusThanks / OSArmor (can be of their support service, NoVirusThanks other products, application features or site content, etc.) and why do you want to win a NoVirusThanks OSArmor (Personal) license?"
I have not used NoVirusThanks products till now. I want to win a license because it looks like an interesting product which blocks many specific processes which are used by malware  like ransomware and other malware for wreaking havoc with PC like:-

1.Block Bcedit.exe
Prevent important and critical system modifications from Bcedit.exe
2.Block Schtasks.exe
Block the execution of schtasks.exe commonly used by malware.
“Share feedback about NoVirusThanks / OSArmor (can be of their support service, NoVirusThanks other products, application features or site content, etc.) and why do you want to win a NoVirusThanks OSArmor (Personal) license?"

Thanks a lot for the very good giveaway, jasonX
I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year and I hope that 2021 will be safer for us all. I would also like to express my gratitude to the developers of OSArmor software for supporting us with this great giveaway and last but not the least i'd like to thank to jasonX for his continuous hard work in bringing us quality giveaways!
OSArmor is a great addition to my current security software running great in pair with NVT ERP being an old user of NVT products during all this time. Smile I'm mainly interested in the antiexploit protection of this software being effective and fortifying my current security combo when needed with no hassle. 

I would like to win a license key for this software to further try and benefit from its protection.
My share is below:
twitter.com share
software enthusiast!

I haven't used NoVirusThanks OSArmor before and have installed a trial version. The program works perfectly together with my main antivirus and does not require additional settings. However, the program provides the ability to write your own blocking rules. The program uses a minimal amount of RAM and its presence is not even noticeable in the system.
I want to win a NoVirusThanks OSArmor license to activate the trial version and strengthen the system's protection together with the main antivirus in order to prevent the system from being infected with malware, cryptographers and other threats.

Thanks for this opportunity to have an OSArmor license!

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
This security software is new for me, i must admit i never tested it but from what i read on the internet, on various security forums and from what the OP just described in the giveaway here on geeks.fyi i am convinced to try it and i would like to have it of course.  Smile It includes great security tweaks and tunning for a next level in PC protection.
Why do i want to win it? Because it provides various security blocks and restrictions to enhance the protection of my PC. I am very interested in security software and this one caught my attention and made me want it after i read the review here. 
Thanks so much for this opportunity. I follow NoVirusThanks on twitter and i hope to discover more interesting software they provide as seen on theire webpage.
I shared on twitter the giveaway:
twitter
Thanks for the opportunity to win in this special giveaway, @jasonX and NoVirusThanks Company Srl / OSArmor developers!

I'm using OSArmor version 1.4 Free on my old Windows 7 laptop and tested it and performed well with Windows Defender, where it blocked several post-exploit executions. I can consider it as a niche tool that can add a layer of protection alongside with any current security solution. If Hitman Pro is considered as an anti-exploit, OSArmor blocks the payload execution, as post-exploitation (post-infection) prevention. One disadvantage of OSArmor Free version is their updates are few and far between. Since it has become subscription based starting on version 1.5, support for auto-update of OSArmor is most welcome.What I like most about OSArmor is it covers scripts well unlike most antivirus/anti malware solutions are bad at blocking scripts, and its custom rules implementation is better and efficient. Hope to win a license to upgrade to newer version and check out cool features not available in the free version. Count me in please!

Wishing everyone a Happy, Safer and Prosperous New Year!

Facebook Share
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST HAS ENDED. Please stay tuned for the winners announcement! Thanks for your support!
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dhruv2193, dinosaur07, harlan4096, Mohammad.Poorya
Sponsor has given word to randomize the winners,

[Image: OSArmor-sponsor-instruction.png]

We are pleased to announce the WINNERS of,

GFYI [Official] NoVirusThanks OSArmor v1.5 Christmas 2020 Giveaway
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=13758

[Image: OSArmor-XMAS-2020-winners-IMGUR.png]

Winner 1 - dinosaur07

Winner 2 - Raur

Winner 3 - pisondi

Winner 4 - damien76

Winner 5 - kubik67

Please include your Name/Email in your win claim

ALL are INSTRUCTED to always  check out "Announcements" HERE and HERE

NO CONFIRMATION TO THOSE WHO WILL GIVE INCOMPLETE DATA

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

THANK YOU!!!!

[Image: BS1DJMN.gif]