Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GFYI [Official] Macrium Reflect Home Christmas 2019 Giveaway
"What are your positive and negative experiences with Macrium Reflect (free/paid versions) and what feature/s do you want to see included or improved in the next version build?"

Pros: What I like best about Macrium is the feeling of security that it gives. It's extremely easy to install and configure and once it's done, your backups can run on a schedule or manually. The most useful feature of this software is without question its cloning / backup ability. I've used it over 4 times to clone HDD's to SSD's- to keep from having to transfer everything manually and reinstall Windows. I've also used it to keep backups, which it has a genius way of doing. It’s FREE. Great imaging software. This is a powerful and easy to use software package. You can even boot your backup in a virtual machine! I love that Macrium Reflect has a simple to use interface with tons of automated processes. You do not have to be a wizard to figure this out, actually...anyone could. The software will auto-detect connected drives and display them in a logical format for simple understanding of internal drives vs. external drives. The cloning process is amazing and never had a fault with it. It will clone everything properly, all partitions, recovery partitions even, MBR, everything.
One surprising feature available in Macrium Reflect Free is the ability to boot my backups in viBoot, the Hyper-V VM that ships with the backup software.
 Cons: Have yet to run into any issues with Macrium and it is free so cannot complain.
There is no cloud upload functionality, so it is a manual process to backup images. 
The program installs through a download client and requires a very large download to complete. The client was slow and resource intensive.
It seems there could likely be a better way to deliver the software.

It needs a face lift I guess, and they could stand to offer some cloud options for storing portions or entire images in the cloud.

Thanks for this contest!  Thanks to Macrium Reflect.  Merry Christmas to all!

Twitter Share

Hope to win this great!

Messages In This Thread
RE: GFYI [Official] Macrium Reflect Home Christmas 2019 Giveaway - by Starship - 16 December 19, 10:46