Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What firewall do you use and trust?
What firewall do you use and trust?

I used Comodo firewall for a couple of years and felt safer than using my Microsoft firewall, but then I had so much trouble with updates messing up my machine, that I uninstalled it and am back to the Microsoft firewall.

I also could not get the Comodo firewall to uninstall completely and had to reformat my machine.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Thank you forum members. Smile
(aka Elijah Gale) "Always looking for kind people and the best software in all the right places, like on Geeks.fyi forum." Heart
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to divinenews for this post:
  • harlan4096, silversurfer
Hi, You may try this:

https://www.binisoft.org/wfc.php (easy control of Windows FireWall)

Or for advanced protection:

https://www.spyshelter.com/spyshelter-firewall/
[-] The following 4 users say Thank You to harlan4096 for this post:
  • Deep900, dinosaur07, divinenews, silversurfer
You may want to try Windows 10 Firewall Control (Sphinx-Software), available as Free & Paid

Homepage: http://sphinx-soft.com/

Quote:Windows 10 Firewall Control: simple and exhaustive solution for applications network activity controlling and monitoring. Prevents undesired programs and Windows updates, informational incoming and outgoing leakage of applications running locally or remotely. Detects and stops zero-day malware, prevents from “phoning home”, unwanted automatic updates and sending “telemetry”, increases your network security and privacy. Puts you in control of all network communications your PC has. Provides detailed logging and notification of any application network activity. Allows using and creating applications permissions to control the network activity easily. Rich set of predefined, ready-to-use applications permissions applicable with a single click. Ability for creating virtual computers group (sub networks) with flexible permissions to control mutual connect ability inside Local Network. Manages external network hardware devices.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to silversurfer for this post:
  • Deep900, divinenews, harlan4096
Comodo Firewall is more than a simple firewall, it can be also good to block several malware if well tweaked, but if it is not properly tweaked it can cause unwanted blocks or problems and crashes. I can suggest you to simply use Windows built-in firewall, which is very good in my opinion, otherwise you can try software suggested above or also for example Evorim Free Firewall.
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to Deep900 for this post:
  • divinenews, harlan4096, silversurfer
I use Glasswire which is awesome. whenever new service get connected it pop ups also it is very easy to maintain all incoming and outgoing connection.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to suprakabi for this post:
  • divinenews, harlan4096
I have currently Comodo firewall in two partitions with (EAM + Comodo firewall without HIPS and ESET NOD32 AV + Comodo firewall without HIPS). Takes a bit of time to work out the kinks to make them gel together. My main partitions has ESET IS on it so I use its firewall + HIPS. 

Previously I had TinyWall, SimpleWall and Evirom firewall on them. Using them was great simple to setup and very light. I have BiniSoft's WFC + native Windows firewall in one partition also.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • divinenews, harlan4096
I am currently using a system firewall and so far everything is good. Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to jerzy6012 for this post:
  • harlan4096
Combo of windows firewall and malwarebytes premium  Smile
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Mehmet for this post:
  • harlan4096
I use an Internet Security Suite but have read Windows Firewall Control and GlassWire Firewall are good add-on for Windows Firewall.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pinp for this post:
  • harlan4096
Comodo Firewall