Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Norton Security
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.20.4.57 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

This update is available for the following Norton products:

• New Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton Internet Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.

Below FAQs addresses some common questions:

1. What is the version number for this patch?

Norton Security 22.20.4.57

2. When will I receive the patch?

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.

3. How can I manually install these patches?

This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What's new in Norton 22.20.4.57?

• Branding changes
  • The below issues have been fixed:
    • Despite being connected, Diagnostic Report reports 'No Internet Connectivity' – Thread1, Thread2, Thread3
    • ‘Performance Alert’ text overlap - Thread
  • Under-the-hood changes
  • Other minor bug fixes and performance enhancements

Note:

• Norton 22.20.4 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.20.4 targets versions 22.20.1.69 & 22.20.2.57
  • This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack)
Download
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.20.5.39 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface. 
  • New Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online
To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.

Below FAQs addresses some common questions:

Norton Security 22.20.5.39

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.

This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What's new in Norton 22.20.5.39?
This build contains the below changes:
  • Fixes for below issues:
    • Norton 360 crashes when Firewall rules are accessed 
    • Norton 360 can’t start Web browser issue – Forum thread
  • Changes to the User Interface for Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Improved Backup Setup experience
  • Signed drivers to support Windows 20H1
  • Other minor fixes & performance enhancements
  • Under-the-hood changes
Notes:
  • Norton 22.20.5 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.20.5 targets versions 22.20.2.57 & 22.20.4.57
  • This update is not available for maintenance mode OSes (Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with no service pack) 
Download
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.21.1.151 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

• New Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online
To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.

Norton Security 22.21.1.151

As is our standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to randomly selected customers, and will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problems or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch, we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community when we make the patch available to all customers.

This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What's new in Norton 22.21.1.151?
  • Smart Scan
    Smart Scan helps user identify security, performance, and network issues, and provides solutions to keep your digital life secured. It performs a virus and malware scan on your device, network scan to detect network vulnerabilities, and advanced issues scans that detect privacy issues and performance issues of your computer. NortonLifeLock recommends that you run the Smart Scan immediately after you install Device Security.
Smart Scan runs through multiple categories and performs the following scans:
  • Virus and Malware scan: Scans the areas in your computer that are most vulnerable to threats and eliminates the threats
  • Network scan: Scans for network vulnerabilities which include:
    • Weak Wi-Fi password
    • Weak Wi-Fi network encryption
    • Unprotected Wi-Fi network
    • Man-in-the-middle (MITM) attacks
  • Advanced Issues scan: Scans for performance and privacy issues and notifies you with recommendations
    • Performance issues: Helps boost the performance of your computer by detecting:
      • Internet junk files
      • Windows junk files
      • Programs consuming significant CPU
      • Programs consuming significant memory
      • Startup programs
    • Privacy issues: Helps protect your online privacy issues by detecting:
      • Exposure of your geographic location
      • Exposure of your IP address when connected to a public Wi-Fi or unprotected network
  • After Smart Scan completes each category of the scan, user can identify the security status based on the following:
    • A green status indicates that your device and personal information are secure.
    • An orange status indicates that there are some issues that require your attention.
    • A red status indicates that there are some urgent issues against your protection that require immediate resolution.
Note:
  • Not all issues can be addressed by Smart Scan. Some of the fixes may involve getting additional entitlements that are not part of your current subscription plan.
  • The Smart Scan feature is currently available only in the U.S.
  • The release of this feature is throttled.
  • Alerts:
    Norton will continuously monitor and show appropriate alert as and when detected
    • Performance Alerts:
      Notifying the customers when there is a slowdown of PC's performance and Providing Options to Fix it.
    • Network Alerts (Un-secure or Compromised Network / Location):
      Warn the customer whenever they connect to a public WIFI or Vulnerable Network and Providing options to fix it
      • Weak protocol selected when connecting to a network
      • No passwords configured
      • Weak Passwords configured
    • Banking Protection Alerts:
      This alert is displayed when there is a possible risk of personal information exposure while visiting banking websites
    • Location Alerts:
      This alert is displayed to inform customer when there is risk of geo location exposure.
    • Smart Scan Alerts:
      Highlights findings from the previous smart scan and enables customers to know more about the findings and view results of the scan.
  • Bug fixes:
    • Text overlap in Performance Alert notification - Thread
    • Unable to change blockage time for IPS - Thread
    • ‘Cannot connect to Norton Server’ error message when customer tries to sign in or activate Norton - Thread
    • Repeated SafeCam alerts each time an application starts - Thread
    • Backed up files don’t have green check marks - Thread
    • Fix for issue wherein sometimes Norton UI fails to open with/without error.
    • Other minor bug fixes
  • Performance improvements
Source: Norton Security 22.21.1.151 for Windows is now available!
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.21.2.50 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface. 
  • New Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online
To verify you have the update for Norton Security, launch the Main User Interface, click on Help, and select About.
 Below FAQs addresses some common questions:

Norton Security 22.21.2.50

This patch is ONLY available via LiveUpdate, and is being released in a phased manner. You may need to run LiveUpdate and reboot a few times before your product is completely updated to the latest version.

4. What's new in Norton 22.21.2.50?
  • Smart scan has been made available to Australia and New Zealand customers
  • Silent activation of Norton Secure VPN after purchase
  • Supports Norton Power Eraser 6.0
  • Bug fixes:
    • Smart Scan says ‘No issue found’ in Advanced Scan, when there are Network and Performance Issues – Forum Thread
    • SmartScan displays the issues in Advanced Scan on first run but displays “No Issue Found” on immediate subsequent runs – Forum Thread
    • Incessant upsell pop-ups - Forum Thread
    • Advanced Scan takes a long time and never completes - Forum Thread
    • Error 14000, 126 pop up - Forum Thread
    • Unable to disable intrusion signatures - Forum thread
    • Cannot enable Intrusion Autoblock - Forum thread
  • Other minor bug fixes and performance enhancements 
5. Where can I post my queries?

Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries. 

Please note:
  • Norton 22.21.2 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.21.2 targets versions 22.21.1.151 & 22.20.5.40
Download
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.21.3.48 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner.

This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

• New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

Norton Security 22.21.3.48

4. What's new in Norton 22.21.3.48?
  • This release introduces Gaming Dashboard UI in Norton 360 for Gamers.
  • Game Optimizer feature addition for Norton 360 for Gamers product - Learn more about Game Optimizer. Note: Your computer's processor must be minimum four cores for Game Optimizer to work.
  • You can verify the status of Game Optimizer in the notification area of the taskbar. The Norton product icon in the notification area displays a green lightening  icon when Game Optimizer is enabled. When you turn off Game Optimizer, the color changes to gray.
  • Norton 360 for Gamers will be made available in Russia, Turkey and Korea.
  • Browsing at Risk alerts for non-banking categories.
  • Supports customers to purchase ID Advisor product.
  • Fixes for the below issues:
    • No space is provided between the strings in number of used licenses - Forum thread.
    • SmartScan displays the issues in Advanced Scan on first run, but displays “No Issue Found” on immediate subsequent runs - Forum thread.
  • Other minor bug fixes and performance enhancements.

Please note:
  • Norton 22.21.3 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.21.3 targets versions 22.21.2.50 & 22.21.1.151
Download
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.21.5.44 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

• New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

Norton Security 22.21.5.44

4. What's new in Norton 22.21.5.44?
  • Norton Secure VPN 4.1 is integrated, with Auto-ConnectKill Switch and Split Tunnel features:
    • The Auto-Connect feature automatically re-establishes VPN connection if the connection was established and lost due to RAS error or internet access lost
Home Title Protect add-on tile for New Norton 360
  • Note: This is available in US only.
  • This release introduces My Norton Dashboard for legacy products namely Norton AntiVirus, Norton Internet Security, Norton 360, Norton Security and Norton Security with Backup
  • After upgrading, the default display interface will be My Norton dashboard.
  • My Norton dashboard will show tiles for available features depending on customer’s entitlement.
  • Smart Scan feature will be available on My Norton Dashboard if this feature is present on classic UI. Smart Scan feature is still throttled.
  • Users will have option to switch between Classic UI and My Norton Dashboard. Launch View option is available in ‘Settings’.
  • Other minor bug fixes, under-the-hood changes and performance improvements

Please note:
  • Norton 22.21.5 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.21.5 targets versions 22.21.2.50 and 22.21.3.48 builds 
Download
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.21.6.51 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages.

To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

• New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

Below FAQ addresses some common questions:

Norton Security 22.21.6.51

4. What's new in Norton 22.21.6.51?
  • Norton Crypto - A safer way to turn your idle PC into a money maker.
    A safer and easier way to mine crypto and store your earnings in the cloud more securely. For more information, please visit Introducing Norton Crypto blog.
  • Note:
    • This is a throttled release
    • Norton Crypto is currently available only in the U.S. This feature will be made available to other regions soon.
    • Minimum Hardware requirements:
      • Graphics card - Nvidia cards with minimum 6 GB memory
      • Processor - 1 GHz
      • RAM - 2 GB (minimum of 512 MB RAM required for Recovery Tool)
      • Hard disk space - 300 MB of available hard disk space
    • Operating System requirements:
      • Norton Crypto is supported on Windows 7 SP1 and later, Windows 8 and Windows 10
      • Norton Crypto is not supported on Windows 10 in S mode and Windows running on ARM processors
  • Remote Assistance Scam warning notification: When a customer attempts to open a website that allows remote connection to computers, there would be a notification to alert the customer about a potential scam attack.
  • Smart scan is enhanced to scan for user’s personal information on data broker websites and display it in Advanced Issues
  • Minor bug fixes, under-the-hood changes, and performance enhancements. 
Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries. For queries regarding Norton Crypto, please post them in Norton Crypto board.

Please note:
  • Norton 22.21.6 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.21.6 targets versions 22.21.5.44 & 22.21.3.48 builds 
Download
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.21.8.62 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

• New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

Norton Security 22.21.8.62

4. What's new in Norton 22.21.8.62?
  • Norton Crypto now supports mining using AMD cards
  • Snooze interval has been added, so miners can select pause duration
  • Spinner shows the percentage of unpaid balance against the minimum payout
  • Shows accrued non-paid ETH in the UI
  • Other minor bug fixes, under-the-hood changes, and performance enhancements 
Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries. For queries regarding Norton Crypto, please post them in Norton Crypto board.

Please note:
  • Norton 22.21.8.62 supports: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.21.8.62 targets versions 22.21.6.53, 22.21.6.51, 22.21.5.44 & 22.21.3.48
Download
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.21.9.25 for Windows is now available!​

Norton Security 22.21.9.25 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

• New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

Norton Security 22.21.9.25

4. What's new in Norton 22.21.9.25?
  • Norton Crypto now displays earnings and balance in local currencies
  • Norton Crypto customers will get more realtime updates to MegaHash stats
  • Scanning options are presented when USB is inserted
  • Smart Scan is now available as part of Scan options
  • When backup storage is insufficient, alert pops up
  • The below issues have been fixed:
    • CPU Usage is not shown in Performance Tab Results (Thread1,Thread2)
    • Norton Systray icon blinks randomly (Thread)
    • ‘You Are At Risk’ text Misalignment On Classic Main UI Security Pillar for (Thread)
    • Unable To Connect To Norton Server, Unexpected Browser Error Has Occurred (Thread1, Thread2)
Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries. For queries regarding Norton Crypto, please post them in Norton Crypto board.

Please note:
  • Many of the features are being throttled
  • Norton 22.21.9 supports: Windows 7 SP1 with SHA2, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.21.9 targets versions 22.21.8.62, 22.21.6.53, 22.21.6.51 & 22.21.5.44
Download
Information 
Quote:Norton Security 22.21.11.46 update is now available via LiveUpdate. As with our previous updates, this version is being released in a phased manner. This update is available in all supported languages. To download it, simply run LiveUpdate through Norton user interface.

• New Norton 360
  • Norton 360 for Gamers
  • Norton Antivirus Plus
  • Norton Security
  • Norton 360
  • Norton Antivirus
  • Norton Security Online

Norton Security 22.21.11.46

4. What's new in Norton 22.21.11.46?
  • Introducing Software Updater feature:
    The Software Updater feature in your Norton product helps keep supported third party programs up-to-date to eliminate security vulnerabilities.
  • Crypto Mining history can be seen in Security History
  • Windows 11 customers can see the Context menu entries in the top level on new Windows Context menu
  • Onboarding flow for Norton 360 Gamers has been made easier
  • Resize onboarding wizard space to 100%
  • Bug fixes:
    • Antispam Maintenance failure ( Thread1, Thread2)
    • Norton Diagnostic Report falsely shows that Windows Updates are missing on Windows 11 (Thread)

Please visit Norton 360 for Windows board to post your queries. For queries regarding Norton Crypto, please post them in Norton Crypto board.

Please note:
  • Some of the features are being throttled
  • Norton 22.21.11 supports: Windows 7 SP1 with SHA2, Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10
  • Norton 22.21.11 targets versions 22.21.10.40, 22.21.10.37, 22.1.9.25, 22.21.9.22, 22.21.8.62.
Download