Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GFYI [Official] VoodooShield PRO Christmas 2020 Giveaway
[Image: LOGO-SMALL.png]

We at Geeks For Your Information are very pleased to announce our 
VoodooShield PRO Christmas 2020 Giveaway!

[Image: 16tRKWEh.gif]

We would like to thank VoodooSoft, LLC.
for sponsoring us the giveaway prizes

[Image: VSPROLOGGIF3.gif]

Overview

VoodooShield is an anti-executable program that whitelists programs running in your system and blocks whatever untoward behavior that is trigerred by programs that are not in the whitelist. There is never a good reason to let new, non-whitelisted executable code run while an app is running. 

VoodooShield offers a more tighter (and more robust) protection  by solving the "single static level of protection" mostly offered by security products out in the market. VoodooShield dynamically adjusts its security posture on the fly (aggressive, moderate, relaxed, or silent), based on the end-user’s current activity and behavior. 

VoodooShield is the only product in the industry that scans our proprietary tiny, customized whitelist specifically for safe / clean files and automatically creates firewall rules for unknown items. In other words, traditional antivirus scans for malware while WhitelistCloud scans for safe / clean files. As a result, Administrators are continually aware that only safe items are running on the endpoints. With traditional AV engines, Administrators are somewhat certain that malware is not executing on the endpoints, but with WhitelistCloud, they are essentially certain that only safe items are executing at any moment in time. 

[Image: install.gif]

VoodooShield considers the entire attack chain in the parent / child process creation relationship. Not only does this make VoodooShield more secure, our mechanism is flexible so that blacklisting vulnerable items globally is not required. Take the case of Microsoft PowerShell, VoodooShield is not required to blacklist PowerShell globally in order to protect against PowerShell attacks. VoodooShield considers the entire attack chain so that benign scripts that need to execute are able to do so, while blocking malicious PowerShell attacks. VoodooShield includes extremely robust ransomware, script, LOLBins and fileless malware protection capabilities. 

VoodooShield utilizes ML/Ai (VoodooAi) and reputation based file insight (WhitelistCloud) that provides the end-user with file insight so they are able to make an informed decision, while offering an end-user recommendation based on the provided file insight. Unlike products that utilize legacy / deprecated Software Restriction Policy (SRP) that operates in user-mode, VoodooShield utilizes a modern kernel-mode monolithic blocking mechanism that does not require patches, hacks or tweaks to protect against new or undiscovered vulnerabilities and threats.  In addition, unlike other products in its class, VoodooShield is refined to the point that it does not require vendor co-management of the Web Management Console. VoodooShield Pro is highly customizable through its settings, allowing Administrators to fine tune the overall security posture for each end-user. 

[Image: VSsettings.gif]

[Image: acct.gif]

The golden rule of VoodooShield: 
If VoodooShield blocks something that you asked or intended 
to run, then allow it (assuming that there are no warnings from the blacklist scan or VoodooAi).  Otherwise, if VoodooShield blocks something out of the blue, then just ignore it and assume it was a malware or a virus. 

The VoodooShield Concept 
Although VoodooShield is extremely user-friendly, it is quite different from traditional blacklist antivirus, so it is vital that the user understands how it works in order to use it properly.  Please keep in mind, VoodooShield is not intended to replace your current security solution, but rather to compliment it by adding an additional initial layer of protection that acts as a lock, rather than a traditional blacklist filter. Traditional antivirus software can no longer keep up with the 300,000+ new viruses and malware created daily, so VoodooShield locks your computer and blocks all new, non-whitelisted executable code (including viruses and malware), while your computer is running a web app (browser, email, etc.)

Since most viruses and malware attack through web browsers and email attachments, VoodooShield simply locks your computer when you are browsing the web or checking email.  It also protects the user space when not at risk. When used properly, VoodooShield will effectively block all browser and email based viruses and malware.  

VoodooShield does not remove existing viruses. VoodooShield uses a proprietary proactive whitelist snapshot approach to virus and malware protection.  VoodooShield is a patented toggling Desktop Shield Gadget / Computer Lock that automatically toggles to "ON" and locks your computer when you start a web app. There is never a good reason to let new, non-whitelisted executable code run while a web app is running. 

VoodooShield Modes

• Disable Protection (VoodooShield will remain OFF):

Disable Protection mode is similar to Training mode, except new items are not added to  the whitelist, so it is typically used when you are installing new software, but do not 
    want the installer items to be automatically added to the whitelist. The computer is not  protected in Disable Protection mode. 

[Image: VSMODES-V3.gif]
  • Training (VoodooShield will remain OFF):

Training mode is typically used when you initially install VoodooShield, or when you are  installing or running new software. VoodooShield will remain OFF and will allow all new  items and automatically add them to the whitelist, so they will not be blocked once  VoodooShield turns back ON. The computer is not protected in Training mode. 

• AutoPilot Mode (VoodooShield will remain in AutoPilot Mode):

AutoPilot mode will remain in AUTO Mode and automatically allow and whitelist any  file that is determined to be Safe by VoodooAi and WhitelistCloud. If a non-whitelisted process is spawned that is determined to be Not Safe by VoodooAi or WhitelistCloud,  VoodooShield will block the item and prompt the user so they can decide whether to allow the item or not. 

AutoPilot mode is a great choice for users who want the power and performance of  application whitelisting, without the hassle of constantly being bombarded by affirmative user prompts. Gamers and software testers typically use this mode. 

• Smart / Default (VoodooShield will toggle between ON and OFF):

Smart mode will toggle VoodooShield between ON and OFF, depending on if the  computer is at risk of infection or not, which is mainly determined by whether a web app is running or not. Web apps such as Internet Explorer, Outlook and Firefox all  expose the computer to significant risk while they are running, so when a web app is launched, VoodooShield automatically toggles to ON to lock the computer, and anything  that was previously whitelisted is allowed, but all new non-whitelisted executablecode  is blocked. 

Likewise, if no web apps are running, there is no reason to lock the  computer, so VoodooShield automatically toggles to OFF so that it can automatically and safely build the whitelist while the computer is not at risk. VoodooShield’s  proprietary toggling severely limits the quantity of dangerous affirmative user prompts  that the user is required to respond to. 

• Always ON (VoodooShield will remain ON):

Always ON mode is typically used after a few days or weeks, once the whitelist is  sufficiently built so that VoodooShield knows what to block and what to allow.  Although a lot of users prefer to run VoodooShield in AutoPilot or Smart mode full  time. 

[Image: VSinaction2.gif]

VoodooShield comes in 2 versions: (a) FREE version and, (b) PRO version.

What is the difference between VoodooShield Free and Pro?
The installer and software are the same. VoodooShield is free to non-commercial home users, but does not allow the user to adjust most of the settings and tweaks that are available in the Pro version. VoodooShield Free is pre-configured with optimal settings which will work great for the majority of users. VoodooShield PRO allows the user to adjust and tweak the settings and also includes several corporate features that are useful in the enterprise. If you have a PRO licenses you just have to register for a user account so you can unlock the advanced features. 

[Image: compare-editions.png] 

Latest version build is VoodooShield 6.11 (30-December-2020)
* new feature added:

1. Silent Block feature.

See VoodooShield Forums Update Thread HERE

as compared to VoodooShield v6.06e (7-Dec-2020) Changes:

1. Added encryption of quarantined files (thanks Harlan! -- harlan4096)

2. Fixed a bug that "Krusty" found in the WLC Firewall feature

PERTINENT LINKS

VoodooShield PRO Licenses for this Christmas 2020 giveaway/contest

VoodooSoft, LLC. has provided Geeks For Your Information Forum 2 sets of Christmas 2020 prizes of VoodooShield PRO.

TOP three (3) LIFETIME licenses of VoodooShield PRO / Five (5 x 2-year) licenses of VoodooShield PRO

CONTEST RULES

To boost forum participation/contribution, all who wish to participate MUST have posted in the Introduction thread AND created a minimum of one (1) authored-threads and five (5) posts (threads in sections: (i) Giveaways / Contests (ii) Deals and (iii) Geeks FYI > Feedback (iv) Introduction are NOT COUNTED as created authored-threads). Entries not meeting the requirement will be deleted. 

Members with on-going "warnings" will NOT be allowed to join any giveaways until such "warnings" have been lifted. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

1. Answer any of the two (2) questions below:

"Share feedback to VoodooSoft LLC.(can be of their VoodooSoft LLC service, VoodooShield features or site content, etc.) and why do you want to win a VoodooShield PRO lifetime license?"

or, 

"What is your current security set-up and what convinces you of VoodooShield PRO being the best addition to your security layer?"

Post your reply as contest entry WITH your social media share.  Please see sample entry below.

[Image: VSPro-XMAS-2020-SAMPLE-ENTRY-1.png]

[Image: VSPro-XMAS-2020-SAMPLE-ENTRY-2.png]

2. REQUIRED: Please share this giveaway by pasting the quoted text below in your Facebook/Twitter/Google+ Account.  

(Share is NOT limited to popular social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Instagram.)

Quote:Geeks For Your Information Forum [Official] VoodooShield PRO Christmas 2020 Giveaway 
https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=13689

Optional: You may want to like/follow VoodooShield's social networking sites as added support.

3. One entry per IP address ONLY. WE WILL BE CHECKING!

Only one entry per member is allowed. Dual entries will both be deleted and user will be banned from giveaway so please be careful.

If there are any questions / concerns pertaining to the giveaway/contest please get in touch with me through PM. Do not post it in this thread. Doing so will merit a warning and ultimately be banned from entering further giveaway/contests.

WINNERS WILL RECEIVE

Top 3 winners will each receive one 1-LIFETIME license of VoodooShield PRO

Succeeding five (5) winners will each receive one (1 x 2-year) license of VoodooShield PRO

Winners will be selected by VoodooSoft, LLC. Representative

Upon winner announcement, all winners will only have 5 days to send a PM to claim their prize.

Please include your details (Name / Email) in your PM claim.

https://www.geeks.fyi/showthread.php?tid=7717

ALL are INSTRUCTED to always  check out "Announcements" HERE and HERE

NO CONFIRMATION FOR THOSE WITH INSUFFICIENT/INCOMPLETE DETAILS.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is not received within the specified timeframe.

Prize will be FORFEIT if a PM claim is "not confirmed".

The Giveaway will run from 
December 10, 2020 to January 10, 2021

[Image: BS1DJMN.gif]
[-] The following 11 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • Decimuss, dhruv2193, dinosaur07, harlan4096, mjcn19, Mohammad.Poorya, pinp, pisondi, silversurfer, THE RANTER, Ultimo
GIVEAWAY / CONTEST IS OPEN!
[-] The following 3 users say Thank You to jasonX for this post:
  • dinosaur07, harlan4096, silversurfer
"What is your current security set-up and what convinces you of VoodooShield PRO being the best addition to your security layer?"

I have a partition where I have all freeware security setup and that includes VoodooShield Free (recently have expired license). The setup is Avira Free + Malwarebytes Free + OSArmor 1.4 + TinyWall + SBIE and VS Free. The setup is pretty good and it does the job. That partition did not have any true infections. All mostly FPs. I'd like to have the chance to have a VS Pro lifetime as the Pro features are really ones that everybody needs. I am limited in rules creation because my VS is free. In the Pro rules creation is unlimited. "Multiple security postures" alone is the one to go but having the new (realtime) "Whitelist Cloud" is a very good addition to make the freeware setup be added more punch. 

Thanks for this opportunity to have a lifetime license! Thank you VoodooShield! Merry Christmas to all!

https://twitter.com/damienTh66/status/13...9933486080
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to damien76 for this post:
  • jasonX
"Share feedback to VoodooSoft LLC.(can be of their VoodooSoft LLC service, VoodooShield features or site content, etc.) and why do you want to win a VoodooShield PRO lifetime license?"
I am currently using Hitman Pro Alert and Voodooshield. Voodooshield is one of the best security apps I have ever used because(My feedback):-

1) It is light on system resources. So, one can run more than Voodooshield to protect one's PC.
2) It has a very innovative and effective approach to security of one's PC in which it blocks all the items which are not in the whitelist.
3) Voodooshield has many modes which a user can choose according to his needs/desires.
4) Blocks all zero hour threats by its security approach which is the most plus point of VS as Criminals are making new threats every day to counter traditional antivirus software. This is helpful especially in cases of Covid-19 period wherein criminals are making more and more sophisticated threats.
5) The software is easy and quick to setup and all the settings/options and modes are explained in clear language in User Manual. 
I want to win VS pro lifetime license to protect my PC forever from all kinds of malicious threats including those which may not be discovered by my other security app and also because I want to continue with my existing lightweight and strong defense combo.
https://twitter.com/dhruvmercury/status/...5761790979
Thanks and Merry Christmas to VS Team and Geeks.fyi Forum.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to dhruv2193 for this post:
  • divinenews, jasonX

My current security set-up is Emsisoft Malware, Comodo Firewall, and VoodooShield PRO. ... I want to win more years on my VoodooShield PRO license or the lifetime license. --- Ever since I added VoodooShield to Emsisoft, I have never needed more security except for a reliable system restore software if something very rare comes along that messes up my system. VoodooShield is a wonder (miracle) to me because it locks up my system better tight and safe in a way I have never known before.
I consider VoodooShield a "MUST HAVE" app for everyone who dares to go online with all the "bad-actors" (sadists) who love to try to fowl up all users online for the fun of it or to get money (Ransomware) by making you pay to unlock your system once they lock it down.

---->>> As to sharing some feedback to VoodooShield about their software, if they were to provide the active live protection of anti-virus software such as Emsisoft or Bitdefender into VoodooShield, it would be the perfect one-stop shopping for anti-malware for most folks, but I am happy using what I have.  Big Grin

My Twitter.com media share link for this contest. 

I HAVE LIKED/FOLLOWED/SUBCRIBED TO VOODOOSHIELD ON FACEBOOK, TWITTER, & YOUTUBE.COM UNDER THE NAMES Elijah Gale, and @divinenews.  

*Many thanks to VoodooSoft, LLC. for sponsoring this contest ... & to the great jasonX for putting this contest together for all of us.
(aka Elijah Gale) "Always looking for kind people and the best software in all the right places, like on Geeks.fyi forum." Heart
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to divinenews for this post:
  • jasonX
"Share feedback to VoodooSoft LLC.(can be of their VoodooSoft LLC service, VoodooShield features or site content, etc.) and why do you want to win a VoodooShield PRO lifetime license?"

or,

Thanks a lot for the very good giveaway, jasonX
I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year and I hope that 2021 will be safer for us all. I would also like to express my gratitude to the developers of VoodooShield and mainly Dan for supporting us for such a long time and last but not the least i'd like to thank to jasonX for his continuous hard work in bringing us quality giveaways!
VS Pro is definitely a great security addition to each PC and every user that wants its PC safe and malware free.
The whitelist feature is a great addition to various AI capabilities that show up after we install or click something. The UI is nice, with simple choices and clear actions to be performed. Great and ingenious idea.
The Pro version allows some extra tweaks for more and thorough protection but the quality of this software resides in the fact that even for average Joe the default settings are more than enough to stay safe. Never encountered any issues with this software.
I want to win a license for this software in order to enjoy it for lifetime with no worries. Smile
Count me in please. I followed all the social media suggested.
My share is below:
twitter.com giveaway share
software enthusiast!
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to dinosaur07 for this post:
  • divinenews, jasonX

Currently, to protect the system, I use the built-in Windows 10 antivirus-Windows Defender, which basically copes with its task and has a fairly good level of protection and Glary Malware Hunter Pro.
I believe that VoodooShield PRO will be the best addition to the main anti-virus to increase the level of security.
VoodooShield is a proactive protection that works on the principle of a "white list" and uses voodooai antivirus technology to check unknown files with online verification for VirusTotal, local and cloud sandbox (Cuckoo).

Thanks for this opportunity! Thank you VoodooSoft, LLC.!

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
"What is your current security set-up and what convinces you of VoodooShield PRO being the best addition to your security layer?"
My current set up is Windows Defender, VodooShield and HitmanPro Alert and i would like to win a license for VoodooShiled Pro to complement my current security software install. VoodooShield has the alert system based on VT detection and i like the fact that my installs are all scanned and analysed before i start the installation making my PC secure. Sometimes two or more similar security software might seem to be overkill but if configured well the protection of my PC will be excellent. Never had any issues with my config so i am happy to stay safe.
I must admit i am fascinated about the name VoodooShield.  Heart
I follow VoodooShield on twitter and i shared the giveaway there.

twitter
I have been using VoodooShield Pro for over two years now. I like the idea of locking the computer when at risk only (Genius! Kudos to the developer!). I also like the simplicity of the software, inbuilt (tiny) whitelist, reset whitelist with a click, balloon notifications. The VS Mode and Security Posture allow selecting protection with less hassle without the need to tweak settings. WhitelistCloud (Great idea!) continuously checks the running processes and alerts for Unsafe (Not Safe but may or may not be malicious) items. I like the WC idea, and it strengthens VS protection, especially for users who use VS as standalone protection. Since WC addition, I too have VS as the only protection on my system. I'm going to keep it that way, excellent protection as well as lite on system resources.

I agree with the developer's idea of computer lock and am impressed with his work VAi and now WhitelistCloud to make VoodooShield user-friendly for everyone.

https://twitter.com/pintinp/status/1348026506560245761
Thanks for the opportunity to win in this fantastic giveaway, @jasonX and VoodooSoft, LLC. !

My PC's current security set-up is Windows Defender + VoodooShield Free which is decent for a regular user like me. Although my current security set-up is effective in protecting my PC from known and unknown threats such as malware and zero-day vulnerabilities, it can still be improved by having a Pro version of Voodooshield installed. I'd like to win a license for VoodooShield Pro because it is an indispensible computer protection application that utilizes a new distinct technology, complementing traditional security software. It will keep my system secure through an application whitelisting lock, a machine learning/AI decision engine and a multi-engine blacklist scan. I'm fully satisfied with Free version performance and keeps my computer locked up against all online and behavioral threats. Count me in please!

Wishing everyone a Happy, Safer and Prosperous New Year!

Facebook Share